Funding brief: Japan Fund for Global Environment (JFGE) provides grant to Non Governmental Organization (NGO)/Non Profit Organization (NPO) engaged in environmental activities. If you consider applying for our grant program, please kindly follow the guidance page below carefully.
Donor Name: Japan Fund for Global Environment (JFGE)
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: Application period for FY2018 is from November, 13th, 2017 to December, 11th, 2017.
Funding details link: http://www.erca.go.jp/jfge/english/wwd/grants.html
● Entry Grant: Minimum 500,000 JPY ～ Maximum 3,000,000 JPY
● Continuous-Project Grant: Minimum 500,000 JPY ～ Maximum 3,000,000 JPY
● General Grant: Minimum 2,000,000 JPY ～ Maximum 6,000,000 JPY
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
● Entry Grant: 1 year (One term per organization)
● Continuous-Project Grant: Maximum 3 years (One term per organization)
● General Grant: Maximum 3 years (two-year-break required for organization received Regular Grant for two terms in a row)
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility Quiz: At first, if you are Non-Japanese organizations, please check this quiz! http://www.erca.go.jp/jfge/english/wwd/grants.html#eligibilityquiz
Organizations eligible for the Grant: Applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
● The organization must be a non-governmental organization(NGO) or a non-profit Organization (NPO)
● The organization must possess an Articles of Incorporation or its equivalent bylaws
● The organization must possess a well-established board of directors and work forces that make decisions for the organization and implements the proposed project
● The organization must possess an accounting structure capable of bookkeeping and self-auditing
● The organization must possess an office that serves as a base of their project
● The organization must prove that they have enough capacity to execute the proposed project by presenting the firm evidence, such as activity report of previous project and achievements
Eligible projects for the JFGE Grant
Conservation projects that fall into following categories are eligible;
● Nature protection, conservation and restoration
● Forest conservation and tree/grass planting
● Agriculture of environmental conservation type
● Mitigation and adaptation to climate change
● Building of a recycle-oriented society
● Air, water and soil conservation
● Comprehensive environmental education
● Comprehensive environmental conservation projects
● Other environmental conservation projects
Eligible Country: A nonprofit organization implementing environmental conservation activities in developing countries (countries which are listed as DAC ODA recipients:(http://www.oecd.org/dac/stats/documentupload/DAC%20List%20of%20ODA%20Recipients%202014%20final.pdf)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Guideline: http://www.erca.go.jp/jfge/english/pdf/2018_Guide_to_the_JFGE_Grant_Request.pdf
● Form: http://www.erca.go.jp/jfge/english/doc/JFGE_Grant_Application_Form_for_Fiscal_Year_2017_new.doc
● Japanese Grant Request Forms: http://www.erca.go.jp/jfge/subsidy/application/download.html
How to apply:
● Please apply within this period through mail. Otherwise the application cannot be reviewed nor examined.
● Also be aware every document must be submitted in Japanese using official Japanese forms.
● Non-Japanese organizations must have a contract with an agent (individual or organization) for applying JFGE Grants.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh