Funding brief: Through the Seed Money Programme, the Cooperation and Development Center (CODEV) seeks to enhance the interconnections between science and society by promoting partnerships between researchers from EPFL and those in countries of the Global South to jointly address main development challenges. This is in conformity with the 2030 Agenda and its 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted in 2015 by the United Nations, which recognizes the crucial role of science and technology as driving forces behind sustainable development and confirms the need to work together to advance poverty reduction and provide responses to environmental and resources constraints and climate change defies.
The Seed Money Programme was established in 2005 aiming at encouraging scientific cooperation for development at EPFL. It provides grants under a competitive basis through an annual call for projects aimed at EPFL researchers and their partners. Up to 2017, the programme has funded a total of 99 projects in more than 35 different countries for a total of 1’014’950 CHF.
Objectives: Through the Seed Money grant, CODEV seeks to achieve the following objectives:
● Reinforcing interest in scientific cooperation for advancing the SDGs.
● Supporting the establishment of partnerships between researchers and non-academic actors to expanding science and society interfaces when addressing main world challenges.
● Supporting EPFL researchers in the preparatory phase of new research projects with a view to obtaining third party funding.
Thematic scope: The call is open to all scientific disciplines and fields of research represented in EPFL Campus.
Donor Name: The Cooperation and Development Center (CODEV)
Funding name: Seed Money Grant 2018
Deadline: 15th, December, 2017
Funding details link: https://cooperation.epfl.ch/SeedMoneyEN
Funding limit: The maximum granted amount for one project is CHF 20,000.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: 15th, February, 2018
Project duration: Project completion by 31st, December, 2018
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: To be eligible, the applications must meet the following criteria:
● The project leader is based at an EPFL unit (institute, laboratory, college or center).
● The project is related to the activities of that unit.
● The project addresses development challenges in the local context of the partner country(ies).
● The project takes place in one or more countries of the global South.
● The partner(s) from EPFL is/are actively involved in the project.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: email@example.com
Other important link:
● Guideline: https://cooperation.epfl.ch/files/content/sites/cooperation/files/shared/Seed%20Money/Call%20and%20Rules%20-%20Seed%20Money%202018.pdf
● Form: https://cooperation.epfl.ch/files/content/sites/cooperation/files/shared/Seed%20Money/Application%20-%20Seed%20Money%202018.docx
How to apply: Applications must be prepared jointly by EPFL researchers and their partners, following the indications mentioned in the application form. The project leader at EPFL must send the application form in electronic format (including annexes) to CODEV at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh