Funding brief: The Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation is a global venture philanthropy firm supporting early stage, high impact social enterprises. They believe that with early funding and rigorous support, exceptional leaders, tackling some of society’s most complex problems, can make the world a better place. Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation accepts applications for funding year round. Completing an application is the first step of our process to help us get to know you and your social enterprise so they can assess your initial fit for our portfolio.
Donor Name: Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: No deadline found
Funding details link: http://www.tfaforms.com/337241
Funding limit: Borrowed from our venture capital legacy, we find, fund and support exceptional leaders with innovative and highly impactful ideas that have the potential to scale. They provide $300,000 of unrestricted capital over three years and, most importantly, we provide rigorous, ongoing support by joining the board of directors and partnering with the leader to help build capacity in the organization and scale their impact.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● They invest in early stage organizations and are often their first institutional investor, as well as their first “outside” board member. They invest in a wide variety of sectors: our current portfolio includes organizations working both domestically and internationally, helping to provide critical access to healthcare, education, food security, social justice, water and sanitation, transparency and accountability, and shelter.
● To affect meaningful change upon the major challenges of our time, they need big solutions to big problems. They support social enterprises — non profit, for profit and hybrid organizations — that can expand enough to directly benefit a large number of beneficiaries and impart enough momentum to influence broader systems that encumber progress. Scaled organizations act as models to other groups in the sector and have the clout to affect policy, public opinion, and economies.
● Leaders tackling important social issues that can make a difference in the lives of many.
● Models that have the likelihood to be able to scale.
● Social enterprises in the early stages of their development where DRK involvement (financial, as a board member and through other support) can make a real difference.
● On average, organizations are 1-3 years old and the leader is prepared to execute an ambitious plan.
● Social enterprises that are national or global in reach and/or social issue.
They do not fund:
● Community-based organizations with no interest in scaling.
● Organizations whose sole focus is on the development of research.
● Programs promoting religious doctrine.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: http://www.tfaforms.com/337241
● About: http://www.drkfoundation.org/about/
● Funding priorities: http://www.drkfoundation.org/apply-for-funding/what-we-fund/
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh