Funding brief: Legal empowerment is about helping people to know, use, and shape the law.The biennial Grassroots Justice Prize competition recognizes grassroots organizations and institutions, large and small, across the globe, that are working to put the power of law into people’s hands.
All three of this year’s awards are for grassroots justice projects that focus on legal empowerment. Legal empowerment means giving people the power to know, use, and shape the laws that affect them.
Eligible projects might use a community paralegal approach or they may be providing legal education and basic rights awareness. The key is that they are putting the power of law in people’s hands in order to tackle poverty, injustice, or other social problems.
● The Achmed Dean Sesay Memorial Prize for Innovation: In honor of Achmed Sessay, a great champion of justice and a pioneer in the field of legal empowerment.
● The Nomboniso Nangu Maqubela Memorial Prize for Scalability and Sustainability: In honor of Nomboniso Nangu Maqubela, a tireless advocate for community-based paralegals and access to justice.
● The Elders’ #WalkTogether Prize for Courage: #WalkTogether is a global campaign to champion the voices and deeds of groups that work to advance the freedoms that unite us. The winner of this prize will be determined through a public vote.
Donor Name: Global Legal Empowerment Network
Funding name: The biennial Grassroots Justice Prize competition
Deadline: Friday, November, 24th.
Note: If you would like to nominate an organization, please fill out the short online nomination form by November, 10th, 2017.
Funding details link: http://www.justiceprize.org
● The Achmed Dean Sesay Memorial Prize for Innovation: $10,000 USD
● The Nomboniso Nangu Maqubela Memorial Prize for Scalability and Sustainability: $10,000 USD
● The Elders’ #WalkTogether Prize for Courage: $10,000 USD
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● The Grassroots Justice Prize competition is open to non-profit organizations, social enterprises, and public institutions from all around the world.
● Organizations that partner directly with Namati are ineligible for the prize.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Other important link:
● Form: http://www.justiceprize.org/uploads/4/1/5/1/41516567/justiceprize2017-en-application.pdf
● Nominate: http://www.justiceprize.org/apply-or-nominate.html
● The Achmed Dean Sesay Memorial Prize for Innovation: http://www.justiceprize.org/about-achmed-sesay.html
● The Nomboniso Nangu Maqubela Memorial Prize for Scalability and Sustainability: http://www.justiceprize.org/about-nomboniso-nangu-maqubela.html
● The Elders’ #WalkTogether Prize for Courage: http://www.walk-together.org/
● FAQ: http://www.justiceprize.org/how-it-works.html
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (http://www.justiceprize.org/apply-or-nominate.html or http://www.justiceprize.org/apply-or-nominate.html).
● Please email your completed form, along with all other documents requested in this application, to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh