Funding brief: ICATCH grants provide both financial and technical support to grant recipients who are developing and implementing a program or project that improves child health in their community. Priority is given to applicants from low-income and low-middle-income countries. Funding is $2000 per year for 3 years. ICATCH grants emphasize:
● Partnerships with governmental and/or nongovernmental agencies or groups (such as public health centers, schools, faith-based groups or local businesses)
● Sustainability and growth of the program beyond the funding period
● Expansion of successful strategies to other communities or regions
ICATCH grants are designed for pediatricians and other health workers in low- and lower-middle income countries who need financial and advisory support to plan and implement a project or program that improves child health, or increases children’s access to health care.
Donor Name: American Academy of Pediatrics (Section on International Child Health (SOICH))
Funding name: International Community Access To Child Health (ICATCH) grants
Deadline: November, 28th, 2017
Funding limit: $2000 per year for 3 years, for a total of $6000
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: 03 years
Project duration: July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2021
Eligible organization: As below
● Project Directors and Co-Project Directors need not be pediatricians—applications can come from other medical doctors, surgeons, nurses, midwives, health workers, social workers, dentists, physical therapists or anyone who provides health care or health education for children and youth.
● An important requirement is that projects establish or continue collaboration with one or more community partners such as local nongovernmental organizations, local governments, schools, faith based groups or local businesses. Such collaborative partnerships help insure sustainability of the project beyond the 3-year grant period, which is encouraged and expected.
● The idea for the project or program should originate from the community where it will take place. They do not fund proposals where those leading the initiative are not directly involved and invested in the target community.
● ICATCH will consider for funding any community-based project or program that will improve the health of children and their families, or increase children’s access to health care services. Such programs could involve (but are not limited to) primary care, oral health care, mental health care, nutrition services, rehabilitation services, injury prevention and safety, services for children with special needs, the education of health workers or patients or families, etc.
● Low-Income Countries: Afghanistan, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, The, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Korea, Dem. People’s Rep., Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zimbabwe.
● Lower-Middle-Income Countries: Angola, Armenia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Bolivia, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Congo, Rep., Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Mauritania, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Myanmar, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, São Tomé and Principe, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Tunisia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia.
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● About: https://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap/Committees-Councils-Sections/soich/Pages/About-ICATCH.aspx
● Form: https://downloads.aap.org/doich/Preliminary_App_Form.docx
● Guideline: https://www.aap.org/en-us/Documents/2017-2018call-for-proposals.pdf
How to apply:
● Carefully read all the instructions on page 1.
● Complete pages 2-3, limiting your answers to the space provided. Note: Forms that are longer than the 2-page limit will not be considered.
● Email your completed form (no addtional attachments) to email@example.com .
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh