Funding brief:The contest is sponsored by the IBM Z Academic Initiative, which has provided mainframe training and resources to students at more than 1,000 schools in 70 countries. By participating in the contest you learn, prepare for a career – and you may win prizes. Due to the contest’s success, the challenges and systems from the contest are now available to anyone, year-round, through the Learning System.
This unique, virtual contest is open globally to high school and college students to progressively teach mainframe skills in a real-world enterprise computing environment. Employers from around the globe use this contest to seek out potential candidates for mainframe careers.
● Part 1: Learn the Basics: Meet the IBM Z mainframe and acquaint yourself with the user interfaces, the basic concepts, and data structures. IBM will provide step by step instructions to complete the challenges and set you up for success in Part 2.
● Part 2: Practice: Students will program (advanced commands, system setup, and system navigation), develop (C, JAVA, COBOL, assembler, and REXX) and experience operating systems challenges on IBM Z.
● Part 3: Try Challenges: Dive deeper using real life scenarios encountered by experienced systems programmers. Challenges will put contestants to the test and identify those with the most drive and determination to master the mainframe.
Donor Name: IBM Corporation
Funding name: IBM Master the Mainframe Contest
Deadline: December, 30th, 2017
Funding details link: https://masterthemainframe.com
Funding limit: Total prize money: $76,000
● Part 1 Prizes: Snag your Swag $25 USD Amazon/Alibaba Gift Card for 750 contestants, taken from the first 3000 accepted challenges (a 1 in 4 chance) that are 100% correct.
● Part 2 Prizes: Indulge Yourself $100 USD Mastercard/Visa Gift Cards for the first 200 challenges that are 100% correct.
● Part 3 Prizes: Show Off Your Talent The top 2 individuals from EACH region (N. America, Latin America, S. Asia, APAC, MEA, and Europe) will win a $2750 travel stipend to visit the head office of IBM in their region and meet with key executives and recruiters on their project. Each winning individual will receive a “Master the Mainframe Global Winner” Hoodie. The top three individuals globally will receive an HTC Vive worth $799 USD.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● Anyone who is currently a student at the high school or university level can compete — no experience is necessary. The contest teaches the skills you’ll need and the competition difficulty increases as you progress through the contest phases.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Register: https://angelhack.typeform.com/to/sZH57s
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://angelhack.typeform.com/to/sZH57s).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh