Funding brief: The IGL Grants programme is one of the activities of the Innovation Growth Lab, a global collaboration that aims to make policy in innovation, entrepreneurship and growth more experimental and evidence-based.
Working together with researchers and public and private organizations from around the world, IGL aims to find out what works, and what doesn’t, to accelerate innovation, support entrepreneurship and help businesses grow. This call is funded by the Argidius Foundation, the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, and Nesta.
The main aim of this call is to fund randomized controlled trials that provide evidence on the best approaches to increase innovation, support high-growth entrepreneurship and accelerate business growth.
Science and innovation: For example, they would welcome research examining different approaches to managing innovation processes (i.e. open innovation, challenge prizes, etc.), models for technology transfer from universities (e.g. innovation vouchers, incentives for researchers, etc.), networks and collaboration (including peer learning and networking capabilities), and ways to support social or organizational innovation or accelerate scientific development. They would also be interested in proposals looking into areas such as intellectual property, support for social or organizational innovation, innovative labs, development of innovation skills, talent development specifically for innovative companies (including development of specialized support services), infrastructure support for innovative companies, innovative procurement, and the impact of R&D investment. Topics around new or emerging innovations and automation are also welcome.
Entrepreneurship and business growth: Proposals on topics such as SME capacity building, business support programmes, stimulation of inclusiveness and diversity in entrepreneurship, access to skills and talent, and access to finance schemes would fit well in the scope of this call. They are also interested in research that looks at the development of entrepreneurship ecosystems, local policies for entrepreneurship and business growth, productivity, investment readiness programmes, the impact of accelerators (or other peer-based or cohort programmes) on entrepreneurial success, female entrepreneurship, mentoring and advice for startups or SMES, and the impact and delivery of different forms of entrepreneurship education.
Donor Name: Nesta
Funding name: The IGL Grants
● Deadline for first stage applications: Monday, 23rd, October, 2017, 5PM EST
● Deadline for second stage applications: Monday, 15 January 2017, 5PM EDT
Funding limit: As a reference, the majority of awards range between $10.000 USD to $100.000 USD. However, exceptions may be made in the case of particularly relevant proposals.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: This call for proposals is relevant to:
● Programme delivery organizations and operators involved in entrepreneurship training and education programmes, innovation management and commercialization, or other programmes that aim to support innovation, entrepreneurship and business growth; and who are interested in better understanding and evaluating the impact of their interventions, programmes or schemes or comparing different versions of them.
● This also includes organizations interested in running trials within their own organization in order to improve their innovation processes.
● Researchers and academics interested in designing and conducting randomized controlled trials related to innovation, entrepreneurship and business growth.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: https://nestauk.wufoo.eu/forms/khp5dh505fh3i1/
● Guideline: http://innovationgrowthlab.org/sites/default/files/IGL%20Grants%20Programme%202017-2018%20RFP.pdf
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://nestauk.wufoo.eu/forms/khp5dh505fh3i1/).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh