Competition brief: This Challenge will operate as a skilled-based contest. This Challenge is hosted in the United States and entry information is collected on computers in the United States. This Challenge will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Challenge.
Dream.Build.Play is a global community of game makers. It’s a place where individuals can engage with independent developers around the world, and the companies, technologies and leading creators that support them. Its mission is simple: Elevate the industry by connecting, showcasing and rewarding talent and innovation. Whether you’re new to this industry or a seasoned veteran, all game makers are welcome..
The 2017 Challenge is a skilled-based contest looking for the latest and greatest UWP games from the indie developer community. Go solo or assemble a team of up to 7 members (including you) to create your game and enter it in one or more of the following categories: PC game, Console game, Mixed reality game and Cloud-powered game. Submit your game starting on August 9 to compete for cash prizes of more than $200,000 USD.
Donor Name: Microsoft
Competition name: Dream.Build.Play 2017 Challenge
Deadline: This Challenge starts at 00:01:00 Coordinated Universal Time (“UTC”) on June 27, 2017 and ends at 23:59:59 UTC on December 31, 2017 (“Challenge Period”).
Competition details link: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/projects/campaigns/dream-build-play-challenge
Competition limit: Four (4) Grand Prizes – One (1) Grand Prize per category:
● Cloud-powered game – $100,000 USD (awarded pro rata to each Team member).
● PC game – $50,000 USD (awarded pro rata to each Team member).
● Mixed reality game – $50,000 USD (awarded pro rata to each Team member).
● Console game – $25,000 USD (awarded pro rata to each Team member).
● The total ARV of all grand prizes is: $225,000 USD. Limit one (1) grand prize listed above per Entry.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: You are eligible to enter this Challenge if you meet the following requirements at time entry:
● If you are a legal resident in your place of residence and 18 years of age or older as of June 27, 2017. If you are 18 years of age or older but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you must have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to enter; and
● You have the technical programming education, experience and/or knowledge to create games for UWP; and
● You are NOT a resident of any of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria; and
Please note: U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. Therefore, residents of these countries / regions are not eligible to participate.
● You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
● You are NOT an employee of any company or organization that is involved in the provision of prizes, equipment or materials for this Challenge; and
● You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Challenge; and
● You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Challenge.
● If you’re employed by a game development company that has 7 or more employees, you are eligible as long as your submission was not developed as a part of your job or for pay. If you are employed by an independent game developer with fewer than 7 employees, your submission is eligible if it was developed as part of your job/for pay. PLEASE NOTE: It is your sole responsibility to review and understand your employer’s policies regarding your eligibility to participate in promotions. If you are participating in violation of your employer’s policies, you may be disqualified from entering or receiving prizes. Microsoft disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for disputes arising between an employee and their employer related to this matter, and prizes will only be awarded in compliance with the employer’s policies.
Eligible Country: Countries except Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria;
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: https://developer.microsoft.com/windows/projects/campaigns/dream-build-play-registration
● FAQ: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/projects/campaigns/dream-build-play-faq
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://developer.microsoft.com/windows/projects/campaigns/dream-build-play-registration).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh