Funding brief: Manusher Jonno Foundation (MJF) is a nongovernmental organization has been working for promoting Human Rights and Good Governance in partnership with national and local NGOs for last 15 years. The UK aid awarded MJF a programme, “Excluded People’s Rights (EPR) in Bangladesh”.
This programme will promote rights and equality of 1.64 million people. MJF will channel the grant to civil society organizations committed to working with marginalized groups in Bangladesh. The overall programme summary is mentioned below:
Impact of EPR:
● Poor, marginalized and vulnerable people enjoy a better quality of life in an environment of democratic freedom and security.
● Enhanced rights of the poor and marginalised people to access economic, social, political and legal entitlements including quality public goods and services.
Outcomes of EPR:
● A more supportive environment where women and girls resist violence and exercise voice, choice and have options.
● Enhanced opportunities for women economic empowerment.
● Rights of vulnerable female workers (in garments) and working children are better protected and strengthened.
● Marginalized people are more able to access material resources, services and opportunities that should be theirs by right.
● Young people have opportunities to become active citizens and agent of progressive change.
MJF promotes interventions through partnership, emphasizing on rights-based approach in the following modalities:
● Facilitating systems and supporting institutions so that the duty bearers provide quality services.
● Organizing and mobilizing peoples’ voice to claim rights.
● Advocating for laws and policies that will safeguard the rights of the poor and marginalized.
MJF encourages innovative ideas and approaches that promote the rights guaranteed in the constitution and in International Instruments. However, some direct service delivery provisions can be included for the extreme poor and marginalized population to fulfil their immediate basic needs.
Donor Name: Manusher Jonno Foundation (MJF)
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: November, 07th, 2017
Funding details link: http://www.manusherjonno.org/index.php?Key=-1¬ice=28
● A: Up to BDT 1,00,00,000 or £GBP90,908
● B: From BDT 1,00,00,001- BDT 2,00,00,000 or £GBP1,90,500
● C: From BDT 2,00,00,001-BDT 350,00,000 or £GBP 3,33,313
● D: From BDT3,50,00,001- BDT 5,50,00,000 or £GBP 5,23,810
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Proposed project is for three (3) years.
Eligible organization: As below
● The grant of Manusher Jonno Foundation is available for NGOs and networks which are willing to contribute towards creating enabling environment for promoting good governance and ensuring human rights and entitlements of the marginalized, disadvantaged, discriminated and victimized people.
The following types of organizations are eligible for applying who are registered either with NGO Affairs Bureau and/ or Department of Social Services:
● National and local NGOs
● Coalitions, networking organizations and apex organizations
● Research and media- communication organizations
Eligible Country: Manusher Jonno Foundation (MJF) invites applications from all over the country (Bangladesh).
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Form: http://www.manusherjonno.org/files/announcement/EPR/EPR_guideline.docx
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh
NOTE ON 17TH, OCTOBER, 2017: THIS CALL HAS BEEN STOPPED BY THE AUTHORITY FOR UNSPECIFIED PERIOD.