Funding brief: With generous support from the Cleveland Zoological Society, the Asia Seed Grants Program provides funds to support field conservation and research projects in Asia. Annual awards ranging from $1000 to $3500 will be made to conservation and research initiatives involving wildlife and their habitats, and educational or cultural activities that involve or impact wildlife and their habitats. Ideal projects have clear and direct conservation impact, positively affect local people and create opportunities for capacity building in country.
Projects focusing on the following areas of special interest to the Zoo are strongly encouraged to apply:
● Wildlife protection (law enforcement, illegal wildlife trade issues, etc.)
● Human wildlife conflict mitigation
● Development and promotion of sustainable environmental practices
● Habitat protection and restoration (terrestrial and freshwater ecosystems)
● Capacity-building, education/training, community-based conservation and development
● Conservation biology, ecology and natural history studies (terrestrial and freshwater ecosystems)
● Species/taxa based projects that focus on species within the Zoo’s collection will be given priority.
Donor Name: Cleveland Metroparks
Funding name: Asia Seed Grants Program’
● Pre-Proposal Deadline: 6 November 2017
● Full Proposal Deadline: 22 January 2018
Funding limit: $1,000-$3,500
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● Requests for funds should provide adequate information for evaluation of the project and the specific request, including a detailed experimental design and methodology.
● Projects that designate local/public education/awareness as a significant program outcome must include an evaluation component.
● Projects should begin in the year that they are applying for funding, (but not before funds are to be awarded) and contain a clearly defined beginning and end point.
● Funds will not be awarded for elements of a project that will have already occurred before awards are made.
● Although exceptions can be made, ongoing costs such as salaries of permanent staff and other administrative costs are generally not considered.
● Funds to cover contingencies or indirect costs are not granted.
● Partial funding of a project may be considered if a particular component of the project can be supported and completed independently, or if it is made clear that additional funding has been obtained or is being sought from other sources to cover remaining costs.
● Proposals requesting more than the maximum amount of funds allowed for the specific grant program will not be accepted.
● Subsequent phases of previously funded projects may be submitted.
● Cleveland Metroparks Zoo is not required to be a collaborator for a project to be eligible for funding.
● Highly invasive, terminal research projects or projects that collect/voucher specimens will not be considered for funding.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: email@example.com
Other important link:
● Pre-Proposal/Proposal Application Form (PDF): https://www.clevelandmetroparks.com/getmedia/aadad562-f515-42e5-be80-7dd69016343c/ApplicationForm.pdf.ashx
● Pre-Proposal Application Guidelines (PDF): https://www.clevelandmetroparks.com/getmedia/905297d1-5483-443a-88d1-2f2627ef8596/PreProposalApplicationGuidelines.pdf.ashx
● Full Proposal Application Guidelines (PDF): https://www.clevelandmetroparks.com/getmedia/c572a446-53a8-457d-a9a6-1a184db2bba0/FULL-PROPOSAL-APPLICATION-GUIDELINES.pdf.ashx
● Sample Full Proposal (PDF): https://www.clevelandmetroparks.com/getmedia/9dec8ec3-e318-46bb-a135-31fd0e5f9469/SampleFullProposal.pdf.ashx
How to apply: Pre-proposal applications may be sent via email (preferred), fax or standard mail. All application materials must be received by the application deadline to be considered for review. All application materials should be sent in one email or package – DO NOT send pieces of the application in separate emails or packages. Completed applications and questions regarding eligibility, the application process or pre-proposal format should be directed to: Conservation Assistant, Cleveland Metroparks Zoo, 3900 Wildlife Way, Cleveland, Ohio USA Phone: (216) 635-2524, Fax: (216) 635-3318 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh