Funding brief: INGSA is proud to announce that in 2018 it will be offering six professional development and research grants to support early-to-mid career researchers or policy practitioners in Low and Middle Income Countries (LMICs).
Each grant recipient will manage and conduct a project of their choice on the priority research theme of the role of scientific evidence and advice in support of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The grant will be an opportunity for researchers and policy practitioners to:
● Identify and work with an international mentor of the applicant’s choosing;
● Undertake professional development activities and research with the support of INGSA collaborators and mentors;
● Present their work and network with other INGSA Research Associates at INGSA’s next biennial conference in Tokyo, Japan (September 2018);
● Build peer and professional networks & visibility through INGSA activities and communications; and
● Develop their career through publications and research activities that support the INGSA mission.
Donor Name: The International Network for Government Science Advice (INGSA)
Funding name: INGSA Research Associate Grants 2018
Deadline: 15th, November, 2017
Funding limit: Grant recipients will become INGSA Research Associates, and receive upto €15,000 each to complete their project. Additional support will be made available for applicants to travel to the INGSA conference in Japan in September 2018.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: 1st, March, 2018
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● Applicants must hold a PhD at time of application OR have at least 5 years full-time equivalent experience in research or as a public policy professional (e.g. advice, analysis, implementation, evaluation).
● Applicants must be employed at a recognized institution of higher education, an independent research organization, government agency, international organization, or relevant NGO for the duration of the award.|
● Applicants should have identified and engaged a mentor (either in-country or international) who can offer advice and guidance on the applicant’s project. This support will be supplemented by access to INGSA’s network of mentors.
● Applicants who can demonstrate relevant experience relating to developing and using science in public policy and government advisory systems are particularly encouraged to apply.
● Funding cannot be awarded directly to individuals but will be paid to the organization with which they are affiliated. It is permissible for organizations to claim up to a maximum 3% of the grant sum to cover overheads related to administering funds on behalf of the applicant. The organization must indicate its support for the candidate’s participation in this process (see application requirements below).
Eligible Country: Applicants must be living and working in Low and Middle Income Countries (LMICs). A list of eligible countries can be found here:http://www.ingsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/INGSA-List-of-Eligible-ProjectCountries.pdf
Least Developed Countries: Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Mozambique, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia.
Lower Middle Income Countries: Bolivia, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Republic of the Congo, Egypt, El Salvador, Ghana, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mongolia, Morocco, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Vietnam
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: http://www.ingsa.org/grant-programme/
● INGSA Grants – Call for Applications: http://www.ingsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/INGSA-Grants-Call-For-Applications.pdf
● INGSA – List of Eligible Grant Countries: http://www.ingsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/INGSA-List-of-Eligible-Project-Countries.pdf
● INGSA Grant – APPLICATION FORM: http://www.ingsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/INGSA-Grant-APPLICATION-FORM.pdf
● INGSA Research Associate Grant T&Cs: http://www.ingsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/INGSA-Research-Associate-Grant-TCs.pdf
● INGSA Guide for Hosting Institutions: http://www.ingsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/INGSA-Guide-for-Hosting-Institutions.pdf
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (http://www.ingsa.org/grant-programme/ ).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh