Funding brief: The GenH Challenge is based on the notion that new thinking and new ways to apply everyday ideas can support those on the front lines of health care worldwide. Working together, we can spark the next great idea that will change the trajectory of health.The Competition is sponsored by Johnson & Johnson, with platform support provided by RAMPIT.
Focus area: Please confirm the primary focus area of your proposed idea:
● Environmental Health
● Essential Surgery
● Global Disease Challenges
● Health Workforce
● Women & Children’s Health
Donor Name: Johnson & Johnson
Funding name: GenH Challenge
Deadline: Wednesday, October, 18th, 2017, at 5:00 PM Eastern.
Funding details link: https://www.genhchallenge.com
● 6 teams will win up to $250,000 from a $1 million prize purse—$600,000 in cash prizes and $400,000 in non-financial rewards such as capacity-building and engagement with experts in the Johnson & Johnson network.
● The three levels of cash awards include:
● All Finalist teams will be invited to attend a free, one-week, skills-based workshop hosted by Johnson & Johnson to build capacity among Finalist team members.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Johnson & Johnson welcomes applications from organizations or entities that have a recognized legal existence and structure under applicable law (State, Federal or Country) and that are in good standing in the jurisdiction under which they are organized. The legal form of an eligible organization may include a “c” corporation, benefit or flexible purpose corporation (or similar “hybrid” corporation permitted under State law), limited liability company, LC3 entity, or limited partnership. Organizations in the following categories are eligible organizations and may submit proposals:
● A university, college or academic or research institution or center that is part of a university meeting the eligibility criteria if the university adopts the project as its own project.
● An organization recognized as a 501(c)3 organization by the Internal Revenue Service under the United States Tax Code.
● An organization that is established under the laws of a country other than the United States and is determined by Johnson & Johnson’s designee to be the equivalent of an organization under 501(c)(3) and 509(a) (1), (2), or (3) of the United States Tax Code. Additional supporting documentation will be required for non-U.S. organizations that may be considered for Awards.
● An organization that is not a charitable organization (including for profit organizations) but whose proposal has as its primary purpose the accomplishment of a charitable purpose under the law or regulations of the United States Code and with respect to which no private interests will receive more than an incidental private benefit as determined by Johnson & Johnson’s designee.
To be eligible to apply, your idea must have received under $250,000 funding or been in development for 5 years or under. For example:
● Your organization is less than 5 years old and/or has under $250,000 funding, submitting its novel model for consideration in the GenH Challenge.
● Your organization is older than 5 years and/or has a budget over $250,000, but submits a novel program or project for consideration that is less than 5 years old and/or has under $250,000 in funding.
● Your organization is older than 5 years and/or has a budget over $250,000, but you submit an idea for consideration as part of a novel multi-organization partnership that is under 5 years old and/or has less than $250,000 in funding.
● Organizations applying to the Competition that are not recognized as charitable organizations or their equivalent under United States law must ensure that Johnson & Johnson funds will be used solely for charitable purposes and will not result in private benefit to other people, organizations, or entities other than incidental benefit that is a necessary byproduct of the accomplishment of the charitable purpose. Johnson & Johnson will evaluate this on a case by case basis.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Awards: https://www.genhchallenge.com/#awards
● Application: https://www.genhchallenge.com/#application
● Rules: https://www.genhchallenge.com/#rules
● LOI: https://www.genhchallenge.com/#letter-of-intent
● Register to apply: https://www.genhchallenge.com/#home
How to apply: ll applicant organizations are required to submit the following documents before consideration of any grant Award may be available, in addition to the application requirements published on this website:
● Tax determination letter, if applicable;
● Organizing documentation such as articles of incorporation, charter or similar documentation;
● Any other legal documentation governing the organization of the entity responsible for receiving grant funds from the Johnson & Johnson designee, ImpactAssets – the need for any additional documents will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://www.genhchallenge.com/#home).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh