Funding brief: The Center for Education and Ethics announces a new grant program. The Center will make awards of up to $40,000 for research projects in philosophy as it relates to educational policy and practice. We encourage applicants to understand educational policy and practice in broad terms, including issues that directly relate to K-12 schools and higher education institutions, but also concerning policies that influence children’s growth and development in the family and other institutions. We also encourage diverse kinds of philosophical research ranging from the highly abstract to the highly applied. Proposals might concern any of the following topics:
● The proper content of moral education and of the rights of parents to choose its content
● The place of religion in schools
● Justice and efficiency in the allocation of public funds across schools and school districts
● The content of the curriculum
● The commercialization of schools and childhoods generally
● The obligations to students with special educational needs
● The proper content of sex education in particular and “education for living” more generally (concerning e.g., parenting, financial self-management) and the extent to which it is right for schools to defer to parental preferences regarding these matters
● The moral rights of school students to privacy, to freedom of expression, to freedom of association
● The rights and obligations of teachers with respect to abusive or violent children
Should schools cultivate the virtues needed to sustain a democratic society, and if so, what are
● The and how is this best done given the other values schools should realize and pursue
● Ethical considerations in college admissions and enrollment
Donor Name: The Center for Education and Ethics
Funding name: New grant program’
Deadline: November, 7th, 2017
Funding details link: http://ethicsandeducation.wceruw.org/research-grants.html
Funding limit: An itemized budget detailing funding plans of no more than 24 months, please include a paragraph explaining any expenses that might appear unusual or in need of justification. Budgets will be evaluated as part of the review process and may not exceed $40,000.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: 24 months
Eligible organization: As below
● Principal Investigators (PIs) and Co-PIs applying for a research grant must have an earned doctorate in an academic discipline or professional field.
● The PI must be affiliated with a college, university, or non-profit research facility that is willing to serve as the fiscal agent if the grant is awarded. We cannot award grants directly to individuals.
● Proposals are accepted from the U.S. and internationally, however all proposals must be submitted in English and budgets must be proposed in U.S. Dollars.
● Proposals are accepted from the U.S. and internationally.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Apply: http://ethicsandeducation.wceruw.org/proposal-submission.html
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (http://ethicsandeducation.wceruw.org/proposal-submission.html).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh