Funding brief: Early Market Engagement Session Disability Inclusive Development (DID) Programme DFID intends to publish a new opportunity shortly to seek partners for a new Disability Inclusive Development (DID) programme, valued between £25- £30 million, which will improve the long-term well-being and inclusion of people with disabilities in low- and middle-income countries.
In delivery of these improvements this programme seeks to:
● Design and implement innovation interventions in DFID priority countries, using contexts that test new approaches to disability inclusion, focusing in areas where evidence is weak;
● Generate a rigorous body of evidence of ‘what works’ in particular contexts and deliver significant results for people with disabilities through scale-up of promising interventions;
● Ensure that the evidence and learning generated is used in DFID and across the development community to catalyze global action and investment.
● Generate reliable and comparable data on incidence and prevalence of disability which is disaggregated by type and across contexts; DFID expects that the delivery of this programme will require a partner deliver on three broad programme components of innovation, scale and research uptake.
Procurement for delivery of a high quality research component and evaluation of the programme will be conducted in a separate exercise. DFID will be hosting an Early Market Engagement Event about the planned Programme and the services required from interested parties. The main objective is to elicit views on the feasibility of the programme and to discuss challenges and opportunities.
They are aiming to explore capability and capacity of the market, outputs to be achieved and get early input on innovative solutions. The event will be in the form of a session during which DFID will present the programme, its proposed outputs and delivery channels, as well as a set of key questions to stimulate the discussion. Parties interested in attending the presentation or requiring any other information should register interest in this event via the DFID Supplier Portal. This will be the main communication channel for the opportunity. (https://supplierportal.dfid.gov.uk/selfservice/ )
Details of the date, venue and how to register will be published on the portal in due course. DFID will send more information to those suppliers who register an interest in attending. They are happy to receive questions in advance of this event, which DFID will respond to at the event (details of how to submit questions will also be supplied via the portal in due course. The main points from the discussion will also be published after the event on the Supplier Portal. They will not disclose the source of the questions and where requested will keep answers confidential. Due to space restrictions they request only one attendee per interested party. Any attendees with accessibility requirements should inform us when registering interest via the portal. Please note that this is a prior information notice to advertise an Early Market Engagement event. No tender document will be available at this stage.
Donor Name: Department for International Development (DFID)
Funding name: Disability Inclusiveness Development Programme
Contact Reference: 8063
Deadline: Tue, 31st. October, 2017 at 10:00
Funding limit: Total £25- £30 million
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Wed, 25th, April, 2018
Project duration: 60 months
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Not found
Eligible Country: Low and middle-income countries
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Supplier portal: https://supplierportal.dfid.gov.uk/selfservice/
How to apply:
● Please contact with the donor directly to know more about the call.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh