Funding brief: The GSMA Disaster Response Innovation Fund can provide funding to help you to test or scale it. We are looking for ideas that use mobile technology to assist and empower individuals or communities affected by humanitarian emergencies, or to strengthen prevention, preparedness and response in disaster contexts.
The Fund’s objectives are to support two types of projects:
● Market Validation: Support the scale up or replication of an existing project, product or service, delivered through collaboration between mobile network operators (MNOs), non-governmental organizations (NGOs), humanitarian agencies, private sector partners and/or national emergency/ environmental bodies, which has previously delivered innovative, impactful mobile-based solutions for disaster/crises affected populations;
● Seed Project Trial new products or services, where applicant organizations—MNOs, NGOs, humanitarian agencies, private sector partners, and/or national emergency/environmental bodies—have established mutual interest in the proposed activity and intend to work together to test new business models that have the potential to demonstrate innovative, impactful mobile-based solutions for disaster/crises affected populations
Donor Name: The GSMA Foundation
Funding name: GSMA Disaster Response Innovation Fund
Deadline: Applications opened on 7th, September, 2017 and all concept notes are due by 13th, October, 2017 at 5.00pm GMT.
Funding details link: https://www.gsma.com/mobilefordevelopment/programmes/disaster-response/innovation-fund
Funding limit: Funding of up to £300,000 per project is available, as well as promotion and networking opportunities. They fund either: Seed Projects to test new products or services; or Market Validation Projects to replicate proven products or services.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
● Applicants must be a collaboration consisting of two or more Mobile Network Operators, NGOs, humanitarian agencies, national emergency/environmental bodies and/or private sector companies.
Eligible Country: Project impact should be delivered in Sub-Saharan Africa, Asia Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, or Latin America.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Apply: https://gsma-disaster-response.forms.fm/gsma-disaster-response-innovation-fund
● Guideline: https://www.gsma.com/mobilefordevelopment/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Termsheet_v5_RGB.pdf
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://gsma-disaster-response.forms.fm/gsma-disaster-response-innovation-fund ).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh