Funding brief: Securing Water for Food: A Grand Challenge for Development launch a global water-agriculture photo contest to call attention to the significant issue of water scarcity, while recognizing and celebrating steps being taken around the world to improve water and food security.
The Securing Water for Food (SWFF) Global Water-Agriculture Photo Contest aims to:
● Harness the power of images to tell a story that raises awareness and inspires action to Securing Water for Food’s about enterprises and organizations with innovations that will enable the production of more food with less water and/or make more water available for food production, processing, and distribution.
● Celebrate men and women who work in agriculture and document how they are impacting water/food security through new technologies and business models.
For SWFF Global Water-Agriculture Photo Contest, photographers must submit images that focus on one or more of these themes: agriculture, water, water-agriculture-related technology, and men and women working in agriculture.
Photos will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, artistic merit and subject matter relevance to our contest.
As noted, for SWFF Global Water-Agriculture Photo Contest, images you submit must focus on one or more of these themes:
● Water-agriculture-related technology
● Men and women working in agriculture
● Photos that include all four topics will receive higher scores by the finalist judging panel.
We seek outstanding photos that have an unusual viewpoint and force you to pay attention to things ordinary people may take for granted, or worse, not even notice. We also want images that make people’s jaw drop. Winning photos must have the following attributes:
● Be of high quality
● Tells a story and represents an interesting and engaging subject matter
● Has strong compositional order and structure
● Grabs the eye from a distance
● Evokes an emotion
● Captures an iconic moment
● Showcases a unique perspective
Donor Name: Securing Water for Food (SWFF)
Funding name: Global water-agriculture photo contest
Deadline: September, 13th, 2017 – September, 27th, 2017
Funding details link: http://securingwaterforfood.org/photocontest
● Grand Prize Group of 15 Photos – $500
● First Place Single Photo – $500
● Second Place Single Photo – $250
● Third Place Single Photo – $150
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: Not found
Eligibility: Not found
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Guideline: http://securingwaterforfood.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/SWFF-Global-Water-Agriculture-Photo-Contest_Fall-2017.pdf
● Apply: http://securingwaterforfood.org/photocontest
How to apply:
● For the Grand Prize submissions, entrants will need to designate each photo on the drop-down menu to show they are submitting a 15-item group for consideration of the grand prize. You will see: 1 of 15 Group Photo Submission; 2 of 15 Group Photo Submission; 3 of 15 Group Photo Submission, etc.
● One entrant may enter no more than a total of 20 photos (e.g., 5 single entry items and 15 photos for the group OR 20 single entry photos).
● The 21rst photo you submit will be disqualified/not accepted.
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (http://securingwaterforfood.org/photocontest).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh