Funding brief: The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) in partnership with The MasterCard Foundation is implementing an eight year programme “Transforming African Agricultural Universities to meaningfully contribute to Africa’s growth and development (TAGDev)”. The TAGDev Programme seeks to transform African agricultural universities and their graduates to better respond to developmental challenges through enhanced application of science, technology, business and innovation for rural agricultural transformation.
This is to announce the 2017/2018 Call for proposals for the Community Action Research Programme (CARP+). The CARP program aims to encourage universities to develop and invest in more comprehensive and sustained action research into a particular geographical area or in a selected commodity along the full value chain. The CARP+ is defined by inclusion of the TVET as part of the CARP engagement that has hitherto not been a focus in earlier approved CARP Projects. This CARP+ Call thus seeks to support projects that innovatively enhance university-led action research and impact by engaging and working with technical/ vocational Education and Training (TVET) institutions. All successful proposals must include at least one TVET institution as a partner, and demonstrate how the project will respond to TVET needs.
This specific Call seeks to extend university activities to work more closely with rural communities through multi-disciplinary and multi-institutional partnerships involving key stakeholders such as research, extension and development agencies, policy-makers, the private sector and TVET institutions as a must. The Call will support proposals focusing on crops and livestock sector value chains of strategic importance in Kenya and Uganda and other African countries that provide opportunity for sustainably moving a significant number of smallholder farmers out of poverty and food insecurity.
Donor Name: The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM)
Funding name: RUFORUM Community Action Research Programme PLUS (CARP+)
Deadline: Deadline for full proposals to RUFORUM Secretariat by 31st October, 2017 (23:59 HRS EAT)
Funding limit: This CARP+ 2017/2018 call has two windows:
● Window One: This window is restricted to Egerton University and Gulu University All applications from these two universities should utilize this window as this CARP+ grant is matched to the overall TAGDev project grant being implemented by the respective universities. This window is a maximum of US$200,000.
● Window Two: This window is open to all other RUFORUM member universities. This window is part of the scale-out of the CARP+ projects. This window is a maximum of US$350,000.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: Not found
Eligibility: Not found
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Form: https://ruforum.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/annex-c_carp-application-form.doc
● Guideline: https://ruforum.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/annex-b-carp-detailed-guidelines.docx
● Logical Framework: https://ruforum.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/annex-d_carplogical-framework.xlsx
● Budget Window One CARP+W1: https://ruforum.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/annex-e-1_budget-window-one-carpw1.xls
● Budget Window Two CARP+W2: https://ruforum.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/annex-e-2_budget-window-two-carpw2.xls
● CV Format: https://ruforum.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/annex-f-cv-template.docx
● Apply: http://rims.ruforum.org/
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (http://rims.ruforum.org/).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh