Funding brief: The theme for this year’s call is Climate as Business – Testing innovative green business concepts.
The call focuses on testing innovative green business concepts and ideas that could become commercially viable.
A successful project:
● Contributes to the fulfillment of the Sustainable Development Goals
● Tackles climate in an innovative manner
● Stimulates local business development
● Creates jobs and income-generating opportunities
● Reduces poverty
● Increases gender equality
● Has strong replication and scaling up potential
Donor Name: Nordic Climate Facility
Funding name: The Nordic Development Fund (NDF) – Nordic Climate Facility’s 7th Call for Proposals
● The Nordic Climate Facility’s 7th call for proposals is open until 29th, September, 2017.
● Full proposal submission period 6th Nov – 15th, Dec, 2017
Funding details link: https://www.ndf.fi/nordic-climate-facilitys-7th-call-proposals
Funding limit: NCF can provide grant financing between EUR 250,000 and 500,000. The NCF grant cannot cover the full project costs, and therefore co-financing is required from the project partners.
The project partners must mobilize co-financing equal to least 25% of the requested NCF grant. There is no upper limit for co-financing and a higher share than 25% of co-financing from the project partners is encouraged as it demonstrates commitment, ownership and risk-sharing.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: The maximum implementation period is 30 months.
Eligible organization: As below
● The call is open to companies, organizations or legal entities that wish to test an innovative business concept that contributes to increased climate resilience and/or mitigate climate change.
● All projects should be implemented through partnerships between Nordic and local organizations in an eligible NCF country. In addition, the project partnership may entail other partners. All project partners should have a meaningful role in the implementation of the project.
Eligible Country: All projects should be implemented in one of the 21 eligible NCF countries. These countries are:
● Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia
● Asia: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Laos, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Vietnam
● Latin America: Bolivia, Honduras and Nicaragua
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Apply: https://smartme.adalia.fi/login/ncf
● Guideline: https://www.ndf.fi/sites/ndf.fi/files/attach/ncf_7_concept_note_application_guidelines.pdf
● Implementation manual: https://www.ndf.fi/sites/ndf.fi/files/attach/project_implementation_manual_august.pdf
● FAQ: https://www.ndf.fi/frequently-asked-questions
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://smartme.adalia.fi/login/ncf).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh