Funding brief: VGIF supports projects that advance the rights of women and girls across a number of topic areas including, but not limited to:
● Economic empowerment (i.e. income generating skills, revolving loans, financial literacy)
● Health and wellness (i.e. nutrition, reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, mental health)
● Education (i.e. promoting STEM for girls, literacy, numeracy)
● Leadership and building movements (i.e. developing and strengthening women’s networks, leadership skills training, access to decision-making roles)
● Environment, food and water security (i.e. sustainable agriculture for women farmers, access to safe water, women in natural resource management)
● Women’s legal rights (i.e. rights to land, inheritance, equal employment)
● Participation of men and boys in projects is encouraged; however, VGIF funds projects that are designed to primarily benefit women and/or girls.
Donor Name: Virginia Gildersleeve International Fund (VGIF)
Funding name: No specific fund name
● October 2, 2017 – LOI closes (deadline to submit LOI)
● December 1, 2017 – Application closes (deadline to submit Application)
Funding details link: http://vgif.org/our-work/for-grantseekers/
Funding limit: Each year, VGIF awards single-year grants (up to $7,500) through an open call for applications, as well as 3-year project grants by invitation only.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: 1 year or 3 years
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: VGIF supports Community Based Organizations (CBOs) and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) that are:
● Governed and directed primarily by women
● Grassroots and community-based. All project staff must be in-country.
● VGIF does not fund individuals, religious organizations or political parties.
Eligible Country: Projects located in all countries except the USA, Canada, and countries in Western Europe are eligible for funding.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Apply: https://vgif.smartsimple.com/s_Login.jsp
How to apply:
● VGIF has a two-step process for grant applications. The first step is the Letter of Intent (LOI). To submit an LOI, follow the “Apply (https://vgif.smartsimple.com/s_Login.jsp )” link on the VGIF website and create an account.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh