Funding brief: The Georg Forster Research Award is granted in recognition of a researcher’s entire achievements to date to academics of all disciplines whose fundamental discoveries, new theories, or insights have had a significant impact on their own discipline and beyond and who are expected to continue developing research-based solutions to the specific challenges facing transition and developing countries.
Donor Name: Alexander von Humboldt-StiftungFoundation
Funding name: Georg Forster Research Award Programm
Deadline: The deadline for nominations is 31st, October of each year.
Funding details link: https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/web/georg-forster-award.html
● The award amount totals €60,000.
● In addition, award winners are invited to conduct a research project of their own choosing in Germany in close collaboration with a specialist colleague. To support the collaboration, the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation may grant additional funding of up to €25,000, particularly for participating in scientific conferences, additional material resources, e.g., specialist literature and scientific equipment for the nominee’s own institute, as well as for involving junior researchers.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation particularly encourages the nomination of qualified female researchers.
● An established academic employed by a university or research institution in Germany must take the initiative to nominate a candidate for the Georg Forster Research Award. Nominations may also be initiated by award winners of the Humboldt Foundation working abroad, provided that the nomination is made jointly with a colleague working in Germany. Self-nomination is not possible.
● Nominees must be nationals of a developing or transition country (excluding People’s Republic of China and India; cf. detailed list of countries: https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/pls/web/wt_show.text_page?p_text_id=1513 ). Furthermore, at the time of nomination, they must have had their main residence and place of work in one of these countries for at least five years.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● List of countries: https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/pls/web/wt_show.text_page?p_text_id=1513
Register and create an online nomination for a Georg Forster Research Award: https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/pls/web/pub_register.main?p_lang=en&p_package=gfp
Already created and saved an online nomination and would like to continue editing this form: https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/web/my-humboldt.html
● Programme information (PDF): https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/pls/web/wt_show.text_page?p_text_id=1410855
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/pls/web/pub_register.main?p_lang=en&p_package=gfp ).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh