Funding brief: The Swiss Foundation for Solidarity in Tourism (SST) was founded in January 2001. The Foundation’s assets consist of the proceeds from the sale of the former SSR Travel, Swiss Student Travel Office (cooperative) to the STA Travel Group. Through its activities in the field of tourism the Foundation continues to work towards the non-materialistic objectives of the former cooperative.
In accordance with its statutes, the Foundation supports projects and organizations that
● Are suited to improve the economic, cultural and social conditions of the population in tourist destinations,
● Contribute to sustainable tourism development in the destinations,
● Contribute to improving inter cultural understanding between people in tourist sending and receiving countries.
Donor Name: Swiss Foundation for Solidarity in Tourism (der Stiftung SST, Schweizerische Stiftung für Solidarität im Tourismus mit Sitz)
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: Entry deadlines for grant applications are as follows:
● February 25, 2017
● May 30, 2017
● September 01, 2017
● November 24, 2017
Funding limit: At the moment, funds amounting to about CHF 150,000.- per year
are at the Foundation’s disposal to support projects and organizations in accordance with the
Foundation’s objectives. The Board decides on the amount to be granted to individual projects. So far, grants for individual projects ranged between CHF 5,000.- and CHF 25,000.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: In order to be granted financial support, applicants must submit projects that are in line with the Foundation’s objectives, and they must observe the following criteria:
● Financial support may, in accordance with the Foundation’s objectives, be granted for activities in Switzerland as well as other countries worldwide
● Financial support will usually be given to organizations, associations and legal entities.
● As a rule, additional grants for running projects will not be approved.
● For projects of several years’ duration, the Foundation may approve recurring grants.
Eligible Country: Switzerland as well as other countries worldwide
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Guideline: https://sstfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/SST_Vergaberichtlinien_engl.pdf
● Project supported doc: https://www.sstfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/SST_Projects_2001-2016_e.pdf
How to apply:
● Applications may be submitted in German, French, Spanish, and English.
● Interested applicant may contact with the donor for the details of applying (https://www.sstfoundation.org/contact/).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh