Funding brief: Sea Pact strives to advance environmentally sustainable fisheries and aquaculture practices and provide the building blocks for a long term and sustainable seafood industry. To accomplish this, Sea Pact has pledged to financially contribute to selected projects that are aligned with Sea Pact’s mission. Sea Pact wishes to place an emphasis on projects that are engaging in efforts relating to bycatch reduction, innovations in aquaculture, or social responsibility within the seafood supply chain. Projects impacting the top seafood species consumed on a global level are preferred. Organizations that are seeking financial assistance for projects aligned with Sea Pact’s mission, in the following categories, are encouraged to apply:
● Gear or Farm Improvements
● Species Research and Data Collection
● Research to Improve Farming Practices
● Fisheries Management
● Regional Aquaculture Management
● Fishery Habitat Restoration
● Wild Stock Enhancement
● Fisheries Conservation
● Fisheries Improvement Projects
● Aquaculture Improvement Projects
Donor Name: Sea Pact
Funding name: Sea Pact Grant
Deadline: September, 15th, 2017
Funding details link: http://www.seapact.org/new-applications.html
Funding limit: Grants range between $10,000 and $30,000. They expect to increase the size of grants as they go forward.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Sea Pact funds are awarded as annual grants. Continued funding will be considered, but not guaranteed, upon an annual review of the project.
Eligible organization: As below
● Domestic & International Not for Profit
● Domestic & International For Profit
Eligible Country: They are dealing with a Global supply chain for seafood so our geographical scope is not limited to any one region. However, they are looking to improve projects and processes in Global regions which are not fully developed and can benefit most from the added funding.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● FAQ: http://www.seapact.org/uploads/2/1/0/2/21024558/grant_proposals_faq.pdf
● Press release: http://www.seapact.org/uploads/2/1/0/2/21024558/2017_rfp_press_release_august_sea_pact_final.pdf
● Apply: http://www.seapact.org/projects.html
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (http://www.seapact.org/projects.html).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh