Funding brief: Health Systems Global (HSG) has launched a call for its first Media Fellowships Programme offering six fellowships to journalists undertaking cutting edge news and reporting on health systems and health policy topics across the world. This is an opportunity for journalists to engage and build relationships within the community and report on some of the biggest issues and challenges facing the global community in a rapidly changing world.
Donor Name: Health Systems Global (HSG)
Funding name: First Media Fellowships Programme
Deadline: The deadline for applications is on 30th, September, 2017.
Funding limit: The Fellowship will include:
● Certificate and citation from Health Systems Global
● Profiling on Health Systems Global website and social media
● Full access and support to participate in the Global Symposium in Liverpool in September 2018, including satellite and skills sessions (flights, accommodation and subsistence for five days)
● Opportunity to interview leading thinkers/actors within health systems
● Full membership of Health Systems Global for 1 year
● Chance to win the inaugural Health Systems Global Media Prize for their feature piece.
● Introductory welcome webinar for successful applicants
● Support in developing the pitch idea contributed at the application stage
● A toolkit to strengthen their work on reactive pieces, e.g. access to HSG spokespeople people (including people in their country and region); glossary of key terms.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: The Media Fellowship will begin in January 2018, with fellows beginning research or investigation for a feature piece to be published in a major outlet before September 2018. This published piece will be considered for the inaugural Health Systems Global Media Prize.
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
● Print journalists – Newspaper/magazine (to submit at least 3 pieces from recognized media outlet with applicant by-line on the article)
● Broadcast journalists and film-makers (to submit at least 3 audio or video files of broadcast programmes)
● Freelance journalists (to submit at least 3 pieces from recognized media outlet with applicant byline on the article or audio or video files of three broadcast programmes)
● eNews journalists (official news website); (to submit at least 3 pieces from recognized media outlet with applicant byline on the article).
Eligible Country: This will be open to six professional journalists working for outlets based in different countries, in each of the six World Health Organization regions (one from each region will be selected): Africa, The Americas, South-East Asia, Europe, Eastern Mediterranean, Western Pacific.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Apply: https://hsg1.typeform.com/to/zwQh61
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://hsg1.typeform.com/to/zwQh61).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh