Award brief: The World Summit Award (WSA) looks for digital applications that have a strong impact on society in one of the 8 WSA categories.
● Government & citizen engagement
● Health & well being
● Learning & education
● Environment & green energy
● Culture & tourism
● Smart settlements & urbanization
● Business & commerce
● Inclusion & empowerment
● Submissions for the WSA can contain all mobile and web-based applications, such as: apps, Webpages, applications for Wearables, kiosk installations, SMS based products, mobile games and interactive mobile productions. There is no limitation regarding the platforms or channels the projects work with.
● All submissions have to be launched products. No drafts, prototypes, demonstrations or unfinished projects can be accepted.
● All submitted products must have been completed after Jan. 1, 2015. For a project or product completed earlier, the submitters have to document those significant alterations and / or improvements and / or additions have been made in the period thereafter.
● A product can only be submitted for one category. In case of multiple submissions by the same organization, company or team, each product requires a separate registration. Submissions which have been submitted in the WSA in previous years cannot be submitted again. For a project which has been already submitted before, the submitters have to document significant alterations and / or improvements and / or additions.
Donor Name: International Center for News Media (ICNM)
Award name: World Summit Awards (WSA) for Young Innovators
Deadline: August, 31st, 2017
Award details link: https://www.worldsummitawards.org/wsa_categories/youth-innovation-category/
Award limit: The World Summit Awards are a non-monetary award system with a focus on sustainable knowledge transfer through a worldwide network. This means that winners benefit not from a one time financial reward, but a lifelong partnership and integration.
Winners of the World Summit Awards benefit from:
● Invitation to the WSA World Congress including:
7 minute pitch session in front of an international audience during the Congress
A program of especially crafted workshops for the winners
Invitation to the prestigious award ceremony and Gala night
Board and lodging for the durance of the Congress
Eye to eye exchange with speakers, jurors and international guests
● Integration into a network of internationally recognized digital content developers
● Access to the WSA community of global experts and industry leaders in over 178 countries
● Interaction with world-renowned sponsors and partners of the WSA community
● Workshops specially shaped for the winners needs
● A videoclip highlighting the winners projects
● Special placement on WSA website, youtube channel and social media promotion
● Long-term coverage within WSA editorial channels
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: The WSA Young Innovators call is eligible for projects that:
● Are developed by young innovators under the age of 30 (born on or after January 1, 1987)
● Offer digital solutions to any of the UN Sustainable Development Goals
● Deliver content rich digital solutions to the user including individuals, businesses and organizations
● have a strong digital component: websites, apps, sms based solutions, IoT, wearables etc.
● are market ready or already launched on the market – no ideas or concepts are eligible
● WSA Young Innovators is open to every start-up, social entrepreneur, NGO, student or individual!
● The participation in the WSA Young Innovators is open to any entrepreneur, company, student group or project team – at least one of the founding members and the majority of the team must be under the age of 30 (born on or after January 1, 1987).
● Submissions for the WSA Young Innovators can contain all mobile and web-based projects, such as: apps, webpages, applications for wearables, kiosk installations, sms based products, games and interactive productions. There is no limitation regarding the platforms or channels the projects work with.
● All submissions have to be launched products. No drafts, ideas or unfinished projects can be accepted.
Eligible Country: Eligible for young citizens of all UN member states
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Apply: https://db.icnm.net/Signup/Youthaward/2017/
● About: https://www.worldsummitawards.org/about/
● Guideline: https://www.worldsummitawards.org/wsa-awards/contest/submission-guide/
● Terms: https://www.worldsummitawards.org/wsa-awards/contest/terms/
● Categories: https://www.worldsummitawards.org/wsa-awards/contest/categories/
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://db.icnm.net/Signup/Youthaward/2017/).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh