Funding brief: Andreu World launches its 17th annual International furniture Design Contest and opens registration for 2017. Participants are invited to submit new designs for a wooden chair and/or table. In order to participate, contestants must design an item of furniture (seat or table) that integrates all the specifications outlined by Andreu World, S.A. in the product briefing and which resolves the accompanying technical and formal challenges in the terms indicated.
The following requirements from the competition briefing are relevant:
● Seating: The main material used shall be Beech wood, Oak wood or Walnut. Chairs may be upholstered to a greater or lesser extent, if considered appropriate and veneered board or plywood.
● Tables: The main material used shall be Beech wood, Oak wood or Walnut. Tables may be veneered board or plywood.
● The use of other materials such as metals, plastics, glass, etc. is allowed when complementary, structural or incidental to the above.
● All designs presented shall be new, not having been marketed or disclosed prior to the date of the Contest.
The following material must be submitted by each participant:
● A prototype of the proposed piece (scale 1:5).
● A technical report, to be presented on 2 to 4 double-space, single-face A4 typewritten pages. 8 ½ inches x 11 inches pages for projects sent from United States of America.
● CD or USB with plans, diagrams, sketches, reders or pictures from the model.
● Particular consideration will be given to innovative contributions (based on a feasibility study), which help to increase the product quality. The following factors will be analyzed:
Compliance with the intended functions.
● Designs must be submitted in such a manner as to facilitate their mechanized mass production.
● All products must be original, i.e., they must not reflect previous designs.
Donor Name: Andreu World
Funding name: Andreu World International Design Contest
Deadline: 24th, November, 2017
Funding details link: https://www.andreuworld.com/contest-17/briefing
Funding limit: The following prizes will be awarded:
● 1st prize of 3000 euros
● 2nd prize of 1000 euros
Will be awarded by a jury composed of professionals from different sectors: Design, Industry, Media and other fields related to creative activities.
● The jury will also award up to a maximum of 4, non-monetary, special mentions.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● The competition is open both to design students and to professionals, without age limit.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Guideline: https://www.andreuworld.com/contest-17/legal-rules
● FAQ: https://www.andreuworld.com/contest-17/faq
How to apply:
● All documentation must sent to by post or messenger service, or by delivering the project by hand to our offices. Andreu World, S.A., C/ Los Sauces, 7 Urb. Olimar 46370 Chiva – Valencia Spain T. +34 96 180 57 00 or P.O. Box Nº 127, C.P. 46370 Chiva Valencia Spain T. +34 96 180 57 00
● Projects sent from the United States of America can be sent to the following address. Andreu World America Attn: 2017 Design Contest 222 Merchandise Mart Ste 10-132 Chicago, Illinois 60654 T. +1 312 464 09 00
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh