Funding brief: The International Labour Organization (ILO) is launching a global media competition to recognize exemplary media coverage on labour migration.
Entries submitted should fall under either one of the following 2 categories: (i) written articles (print and online) that should not exceed 8000 words; and, (ii) media production (including photo journalism, audio and video) that should not exceed 10 minutes.
Entries submitted should address either one of the following 2 thematic areas: (i) Labour migration aspects (migrant workers’ contribution to the social and economic development of countries of origin and destination, the protection of their labour rights, the recognition of their skills, their labour market integration, their social protection, migrant workers in an irregular situation, their working conditions (particularly their wages, working time and occupational safety and health), migrant workers in the informal economy, their trade union rights, forced labour, child labour, and trafficking situations); or (ii) Fair recruitment of migrant workers
Donor Name: International Labour Organization (ILO)
Funding name: 2017 global media competition on labour migration
Deadline: 27th, October, 2017 ( at latest 23:59, Central European Time)
Funding limit: A total of four winners (one per category, per thematic area) will receive $1,000 USD each. Winning entries will be featured on ILO website and widely promoted as an example of good journalism.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● This Contest is open to professional journalists who are 18 years of age and older
● Entries must have been published between 1 January 2016 and 26 October 2017 to qualify.
● Entries are accepted in three languages: English, French, and Spanish. Entries in other languages will be accepted provided that the applicant presents a faithful translation in one of the three languages mentioned above.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (All regions)
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Apply: http://www.ilo.org/global/topics/labour-migration/policy-areas/guidance-for-journalists/awarding-excellence/WCMS_566309/lang–en/index.htm
● Guideline: http://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/public/—ed_protect/—protrav/—migrant/documents/genericdocument/wcms_566889.pdf
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (http://www.ilo.org/global/topics/labour-migration/policy-areas/guidance-for-journalists/awarding-excellence/WCMS_566309/lang–en/index.htm).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh