Award brief: The Women and Gender Constituency (WGC) is one of the nine stakeholder groups of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). Established in 2009, the WGC now consists of 20 women’s and environmental civil society organizations, who are working to ensure that women’s voices and their rights are embedded in all processes and results of the UNFCCC framework, for a sustainable and just future, so that gender equality and women’s human rights are central to the ongoing discussions.
In 2015, the WGC launched it’s first ‘Gender-Just Climate Solutions’ Awards. These awards aim to showcase real solutions for a more just, equal and healthy planet. Previous initiatives recognized have included women-owned and operated energy cooperatives in Germany, female entrepreneurial “energy shop” initiatives in Mozambique, and human rights based relocation planning in the Carteret Islands.
Donor Name: The Women & Gender Constituency
Award name: The 2017 Gender Just Climate Solutions Awards
Deadline: Monday, September 4th, 2017 5pm EST
Award details link: https://www.judgify.me/genderjustclimatesolutions
● Three top ‘Award Winners’ will be identified, one per category. These three winners will each receive a Seed Grant of 2000 Euros; travel for one representative to attend the Awards Ceremony held at COP23 in Bonn, Germany this November 2017; and 1-year of mentorship activities from the members of the Women and Gender Constituency (see here for details).
● Up to 30 additional ‘Runners-Up’ will be featured in a full color-publication which will be showcased in a high-level international awards ceremony at COP23, as well as be highlighted on the WGC website.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● All types of activist, grassroots and women-led organizations and groups working on issues related to climate change are encouraged to apply.
● Only non-governmental initiatives are eligible (local or national government initiatives cannot be considered). The activity/initiative should either already have been completed or should be in current operation. The initiative must fit within one of the 3 award categories.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (All regions)
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● FAQ: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxMnuF3yhMglY0NEZVd5WkszSjg/view?usp=sharing
● Apply: https://www.judgify.me/users/entrant_signin/2147
● Apply for the Award in FRENCH: https://www.judgify.me/genderjustclimatesolutionsFR
● Apply for the Award in SPANISH: https://www.judgify.me/genderjustclimatesolutionsSPA
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://www.judgify.me/users/entrant_signin/2147 ).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh