Award brief: The queen’s young leaders programme discovers, celebrates and supports exceptional young people from across the commonwealth, leaving a lasting legacy for her majesty the queen.
In 2014 a search was launched to find exceptional young people to receive the first ever Queen’s Young Leaders Awards. Hundreds of applications flooded in from incredible young people all dedicated to making lasting change in their community and beyond. The Programme is now in its third year and continues to grow.
The Queen’s Young Leader Award recognizes and celebrates exceptional people aged 18-29 from across the Commonwealth, who are taking the lead in their communities and using their skills to transform lives. Winners of this prestigious Award will receive a unique package of training, mentoring and networking, including a one-week residential programme in the UK during which they will collect their Award from Her Majesty The Queen. With this support, Award winners will be expected to continue and develop the amazing work they are already doing in their communities.
Donor Name: The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust, Comic Relief and The Royal Commonwealth Society
Award name: The queen’s young leaders programme
Deadline: 21st, August, 2017
Award details link: https://www.queensyoungleaders.com
Award Funding limit: Award winners will receive a year-long tailored package of online-learning, mentoring and networking, and provided with a one week residential programme in the UK, during which they will receive their Award from Her Majesty The Queen. This programme will strengthen the skills and confidence of Award winners to equip them to further change the lives of those around them and inspire the next generation of young leaders through their own actions and values. Please note that the Awards package does not include a financial reward or grant.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Each application/nomination must meet the following criteria:
● Applicants need to have proven experience of working to improve their communities locally, regionally or at a national level and be able to show evidence of their achievements.
● Applicants must be aged between 18 and 29 throughout 2018: your date of birth must fall between 1st January 1989 – 1st January 2000.
● Applicants must be citizens of and working in a Commonwealth country or citizens of an Overseas Territory (of a Commonwealth Member).
● Applicants need to demonstrate evidence of their leadership qualities.
● All applicants need to be supported by a suitable referee (a professional in one of the following occupations; a teacher or counselor; a registered physician or nurse; a church or community leader; social worker or family services; or business leader). Referees must not be related to you.
● Priority will be given to individuals who have overcome challenges to achieve their goals.
● All applications/nominations will be considered based on the young person’s achievements to date as well as their potential and their future ambition. Award winners will be shortlisted by a panel made up of young people from across the Commonwealth. The shortlist will then be presented to The Queen’s Young Leaders Programme Board, which contains members from all three partner organizations, for final selection and decision.
Eligible Country: Across the commonwealth countries
Submission mail: N/A
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://www.queensyoungleaders.com/apply-now/).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh