Funding brief: The Lancet is establishing a Standing Commission to continue the work of The Lancet Commission on Adolescent Health and Wellbeing. The 2016 Commission report included recommendations for engaging and partnering with young people as agents for change. They are looking for six young health advocates and/or professionals (18-29 years) from diverse backgrounds, to work with them to set up a Youth Network for The Lancet Standing Commission. This expression of interest comes with an expectation (funding dependent) that those who set up the Youth Network will also have an ongoing role as a member of the Network.
Donor Name: The Lancet
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: 5 PM AEST on 21st, August, 2017.
Funding details link: http://adolescentsourfuture.com/youth-network/?sf103016458=1
Funding limit: Not found
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: They are seeking young leaders with experience in one or more of the following:
● Advocacy or communication related to adolescent health and wellbeing. Work (paid or voluntary) at a local, national or international level in an area related to adolescent health and wellbeing.
● Work (paid or voluntary) for an organization that has a national and/or international role in adolescent/youth health and wellbeing.
● Work in a related area of practice (i.e. law, health, journalism, economics, education, research).
● They hope that you will bring your own networks of young people, have experience with youth participation and youth leadership and an ability to communicate well in English (spoken and written).
● They expect that the majority of successful applicants will be between 18-24 years, however applicants up to 29 years are also encouraged to apply.
● All applicants must have a valid passport with a minimum of 1 year until expiry.
● They are particularly interested in the participation of young health advocates and professionals from low and middle income countries (LMIC). For that reason, priority will be given to applicants with origins from LMICs.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Apply: https://redcap.mcri.edu.au/surveys/?s=EP3PENF84D
How to apply: To apply please provide:
● A two-minute video application, on “how you would like to contribute to the Lancet Standing Commission.” (Please note we may use successful video applications in our communications.)
● A completed application
● Your curriculum vitae
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://redcap.mcri.edu.au/surveys/?s=EP3PENF84D).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh