Award brief: The Waislitz Global Citizen Award, an annual cash prize of $100,000 presented by the Waislitz Foundation and Global Citizen, recognizes the excellence of one individual in their work to end extreme poverty. Recipients are selected based on individual merit in four key areas:
● Global citizenship: How does the nominee embody and exemplify the values and practices of a Global Citizen?
● Impact: What is the nominee’s track record of reducing extreme poverty?
● Innovation: How has the nominee brought new thinking to overcoming the challenge of ending extreme poverty?
● Potential: How would this award enable/support the nominee to scale or improve their work? How would the nominee use the funding?
Donor Name: Global Poverty Project (Global Citizen)
Award name: The Waislitz Global Citizen Award
Deadline: 11: 59PM EDT on 15th, August, 2017.
Award details link: https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/awards/waislitz-award/
Award Funding limit:
● One winner will be invited to New York to attend the Global Citizen Live event on September 18, 2017 at Skirball Center for the Performing Arts, where they will receive $100,000. A short video covering the winners’ work will also be shown at the Global Citizen Live event on September 18.
The winner will also receive:
● Airfare and accommodation in New York to attend 2017 Global Citizen Live, Movement Makers, and the Global Citizen Festival the week of September 18-September 23, for the winner and a guest.
● The opportunity to participate in the Global Citizen Live Event, an event with the world’s leaders in business, media, technology and culture convene on September 18.
● Two tickets to the 2017 Global Citizen Festival on September 23, 2017
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: To be eligible to win a Prize, the Prize Winners must:
● hold a valid passport, and be responsible for any requisite visas required to travel to New York City, for the period 18-23 September 2017;
● be able to attend the 2017 Global Citizen Live on Monday, September 18, 2017. Attending the Global Citizen Festival in New York City on 23 September, 2017 is optional; and
● agree to provide regular written updates to Promoter on their use of the Prize.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (All regions)
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Apply: https://globalcitizen.recruiterbox.com/jobs/ec65f7f911dc481893ce20b8e027f727
● Guideline: https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/awards/waislitz-award/terms/
● FAQ: https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/about/frequently-asked-questions/
● About: https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/about/who-we-are/
How to apply:
● All applications are subject to the Terms & Conditions. Note: applications must be in English. You are required to answer all mandatory questions for your application to be accepted, including to the short essay questions (up to 900 characters each). Please note, all fields marked with an asterisk (*) are compulsory.
● You are also required to submit a video of up to three-minutes that tell us about you and your work.
● You may also submit links to up to 5 additional background documents, videos or resources to support your application.
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://globalcitizen.recruiterbox.com/jobs/ec65f7f911dc481893ce20b8e027f727).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh