Award brief: Tomorrow’s Peace builders are the global awards for local peace building Awarded annually, they offer international recognition for grassroots peace activists in conflict-affected countries worldwide. These are inspiring individuals who are building a better tomorrow for their communities, in the world’s most fragile and needy places.
Prizes will be decided in 3 categories. Organizations can apply in 1 or 2 different categories. If your work does not fit under any category, you will not be eligible to enter.
● Women-led peace building: To be eligible in this category your work must be led by women. This means that at least 50% of senior staff and board members must be women.
● Youth-led peace building: To be eligible in this category your work must be led by young people (defined as 30 or under). This means that at least 50% of senior staff and board members must be young people.
● Inter-religious peace building: To be eligible in this category your work should promote peace, co-operation, and understanding between people or communities of different faiths or denominations.
Donor Name: Peace Direct
Award name: The Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders awards
Deadline: Applications will be accepted from 12 July 2017 until 06 September 2017.
Award details link: https://www.peacedirect.org/tp/#home-entry
Award limit: Three winning organizations will each receive $10,000 and online promotion of their work.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: These are global awards. There is no geographical restriction on applications. In order to be eligible to enter, you must:
● Undertake peace building work – your organization is either a peace building organization or has peace building as a substantial element of your work.
● Be locally based – your organization must be based in the country or communities where your work will be done. If your organization operates in multiple countries, you are not eligible to enter. (Note cross-border projects are eligible.)
● Be an independent organization, not an in-country or satellite organization of an international NGO.
● Be working, or planning to work, in at least one of the following thematic areas: women-led peace building; youth-led peace building; or inter-religious peace building.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (All regions)
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● Form: http://www.peacedirect.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/TP-2017-application-form-English.docx
● Flyer: http://www.peacedirect.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/tomorrows-peacebuilders-2017-flyer.pdf
● Guideline: https://www.peacedirect.org/tp/guidance
● Terms and conditions: https://www.peacedirect.org/tp/terms
How to apply:
● In order to enter, please download and return the application form. We prefer to receive applications completed in English. If you are not comfortable writing your answers in English, we encourage you to have a friend or colleague translate your application into English prior to submission. If these options are not possible, we will accept applications in French or Spanish.
● Send completed applications to email@example.com .
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh