Funding brief: The CGAP Photo Contest is looking for original, striking images that capture the importance of financial inclusion efforts around the world. Digital innovations and the growing use of smartphones are making it easier for poor and rural customers to manage their daily finances, grow a business, or respond to an emergency. But 2 billion people still lack access to basic financial services such as savings accounts and credit that can help improve their lives. Financial services can help play a role in reducing extreme poverty and increasing prosperity.
Show them how access to financial services can empower people and communities around the world. The top photographs will receive prizes and recognition, and all entrants help to show in vivid and memorable ways why financial inclusion matters.
This year, the CGAP Photo Contest seeks photos that reflect the following themes:
● Innovations in Digital Finance: From paying school fees to buying solar energy, digital finance is a means for achieving broader development goals. Show us innovative ways people are using digital finance to improve their lives.
● Creating Opportunities for People in Crisis: War, conflict and natural disasters are forcing record numbers of people worldwide from their homes. Show how people coping with humanitarian crises conduct their economic and financial lives.
● Building Sustainable Livelihoods: Savings, credit and insurance provide poor people with a wider range of tools to help manage their economic lives. Show how poor people are building more resilient lives.
● Connecting People and Services: By 2020, three quarters of the world’s population are expected to be connected to mobile networks. Show us how digital technologies are reaching excluded groups, such as women and youth, and expanding people’s opportunities.
Donor Name: Consultative Group to Assist the Poor (CGAP)
Funding name: 2017 CGAP Photo Contest
Deadline: All entries must be submitted by 11:59 pm US EDT on 29th, September, 2017. Voting for the People’s Choice Award begins at 12:00am US EDT on 30th,September, 2017 and ends 11:59pm US EDT on 6th, October, 2017.
Funding details link: http://photocontest.cgap.org/?cid=ECR_E_NewsletterWeekly_EN_EXT&utm_source=World+Bank+Group+Weekly+Update&utm_campaign=9f6547393f-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_05_25&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_fdb041ef28-9f6547393f-67675557
Funding limit: A $2,000 photography gift certificate.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● Upload a photo and give it a name and a description.
● Photos may not contain nudity, violent or offensive material, or copyrighted images.
● Up to 20 photographs may be submitted per person.
● The 2017 CGAP Photo Contest is open to all photographers who are at least 18 years old. (The operational team of CGAP, the World Bank Group, and their immediate families are excluded from participating.)
Eligible Country: No country bar found (All regions)
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Apply: http://photocontest.cgap.org/fbcontests/profiletab/2017-CGAP-Photo-Contest?showrules=1
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (http://photocontest.cgap.org/fbcontests/profiletab/2017-CGAP-Photo-Contest?showrules=1 ).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh