Funding brief: This grants programme is a joint initiative of the International Coral Reef Initiative (ICRI) and UN Environment, to catalyze implementation of the ICRI Plan of Action 2016-2018 and the United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA) resolution 2/12 on sustainable coral reefs management. Grants under this programme are funded by UN Environment through contributions from France and the Principality of Monaco.
The International Coral Reef Initiative (ICRI) is an informal partnership among governments, international organizations and non-government organizations. It strives to preserve coral reefs and related ecosystems around the world by implementing Chapter 17 of Agenda 21, which was adopted by the international community at the Rio Earth Summit in 1992 and calls for the protection and rational use of oceans, seas and coastal areas. The initiative contributes to raising awareness on the importance of and threats to coral reefs and related ecosystems, recognising that they are facing serious degradation mainly due to anthropogenic stresses. The French government is hosting ICRI for the 2016-18 biennium.
UN Environment is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. The coral reef work of UN Environment is implemented through a Global Coral Reef Partnership, coordinated by the Coral Reef Unit, which also represents UN Environment in ICRI.
Donor Name: International Coral Reef Initiative (ICRI) and UN Environment
Funding name: Grants Programme 2017
● Closing date for submission of concept notes: 15 September 2017
● Submission of full proposals:1 November 2017
Funding details link: http://www.icriforum.org/SGP2017
Funding limit: Grants up to USD 60,000
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: The duration of the proposed project should not exceed 18 months. Projects must be completed latest by 31 August 2019.
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Applicants must be a legal entity, for instance:
● A national or local government;
● A Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), registered charity, research institution, foundation or similar organization demonstrating a not-for-profit status, registered and permitted to work in the intervention country.
Eligible Country: Developing countries, least developed countries and small island developing states.
Submission mail: email@example.com
Other important link:
● Guideline: http://www.icriforum.org/sites/default/files/ICRI_UNEP_Grant_guidelines2017.pdf
● Form: http://www.icriforum.org/sites/default/files/ICRI_SGP_concept_note_template.docx
How to apply:
● Please submit concept notes by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh