Funding brief: The programme will support journalists to collaborate with researchers to uncover emerging threats in specific communities, countries or regions worldwide, and produce stories that reach a wide audience. Uncovering Security was launched in 2016 to give journalists and researchers who are interested in similar security-related topics the opportunity to work together – to learn from each other, to share skills, expertise, resources and contacts. The results of this pilot program revealed many benefits to this kind of cooperation. We are excited to launch this programme again to foster new collaborations and to support outstanding reporting.
The programme features:
● A three-day residential Story Lab (8-11 January 2018) taking place near London that will bring together journalists, security researchers, and experts to share insight on emerging security situations and explore or refine story ideas (costs of participation are covered by the programme)
●The opportunity to collaborate with researchers and apply for small grants to cover the cost of reporting stories.
● Access to experienced journalists who have covered security stories all over the world, and who can provide advice and editorial guidance
● Support with pitching stories to international publication platforms if needed.
All applicants are asked to submit a story idea that could be developed during the programme. If accepted, journalists will not necessarily be expected to pursue this story idea. During the seminar, journalists may learn of a different story, or modify their original story.
Donor Name: The Thomson Reuters Foundation
Funding name: Uncovering Security – Story Lab 2018
Deadline: 04th, September, 2017
Funding limit: The programme will cover all transport and subsistence costs of journalists participating in this programme.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: They are looking for:
● Journalists working for media outlets in the developing world, or the USA, Canada or Germany
● At least three years’ experience in journalism
● Experience covering security situations would be an advantage
● Journalists working in any medium, or multiple media
● Must be fluent in English
Eligible Country: No country bar found (All regions)
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Apply: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/3685103/Uncovering-Security-2017-application-form
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/3685103/Uncovering-Security-2017-application-form ).
● When applying you will be asked to upload the following documents – please have these ready:
2 relevant work samples (maximum file size 5 MB). Please choose samples that relate to the themes of this programme.
A letter from your editor consenting to your participation in the programme and committing to publish/broadcast resulting stories
Please note you will be asked to submit one or more story ideas within your application. If you are selected, you can refine or change your story idea during the programme.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh