Funding brief: ERC Synergy Grants are intended to enable minimum two to maximum four Principal Investigators and their teams to bring together complementary skills, knowledge, and resources in new ways, in order to jointly address ambitious research problems.
The aim is to promote substantial advances at the frontiers of knowledge, to cross-fertilize scientific fields, and to encourage new productive lines of enquiry and new methods and techniques, including unconventional approaches and investigations at the interface between established disciplines. This should enable transformative research not only at the forefront of European science but also to become a benchmark on a global scale.
Applicants Principal Investigators must demonstrate the synergies, complementarities and added value that could lead to breakthroughs that would not be possible by the individual Principal Investigators working alone.
Donor Name: European Commission
Funding name: ERC Synergy Grant
Deadline: 14 November 2017 17:00:00 (Brussels time)
Funding limit: Synergy Grants may be awarded up to a maximum of EUR 10 000 000 for a period of 6 years. The maximum award is reduced pro rata temporis for projects of a shorter duration. This does not apply to ongoing projects.
However, up to an additional EUR 4 000 000 in total can be requested in the proposal to cover (a) eligible “start-up” costs for Principal Investigators moving to the EU or an Associated Country from elsewhere as a consequence of receiving the ERC grant and/or (b) the purchase of major equipment and/or (c) access to large facilities. As any additional funding is to cover major one-off costs it is not subject to pro-rata temporis reduction for projects of shorter duration. All funding requested is assessed during evaluation.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Maximum 6 years
Eligible organization: As below
● The ERC actions are open to researchers of any nationality who intend to conduct their research activity in any Member State or Associated Country. Principal Investigators may be of any age and nationality and may reside in any country in the world at the time of the application. However Principal Investigators funded through the ERC frontier research grants shall spend a minimum percentage of their total working time in an EU Member State or Associated Country and a minimum percentage of their total working time on the ERC project (see Eligible Host Institution and profiles of Starting, Consolidator and Advanced Grant Principal Investigators below).
● Starting, Consolidator and Advanced Grant proposals are submitted by the Principal Investigator who has scientific responsibility for the project, on behalf of the host institution. There are specific eligibility criteria for a Principal Investigator applying to the Starting or Consolidator Grants based on the date of award of his or her first PhD (or equivalent doctoral degree10) as below. This “streaming” allows applicants to be compared with researchers at a similar career stage.
● Groups applying for the ERC Synergy Grant must be made up of a minimum of two and a maximum of four Principal Investigators and, as necessary, their teams. One of the Principal Investigators must be designated as the Corresponding Principal Investigator, who will be the administrative contact point on behalf of the Corresponding Host Institution.
● No specific eligibility criteria are foreseen for Principal Investigators applying for the ERC Advanced and ERC Synergy Grants but only exceptional proposals are likely to be funded in what are expected to be extremely competitive calls (see ERC Advanced Grant and ERC Synergy Grant profiles below).
● The host institution (Applicant Legal Entity) must engage the Principal Investigator for at least the duration of the proof of concept project as defined in the grant agreement and must be established in a Member State or an Associated Country as a legal entity created under national law.
● Please check the country eligibility link:
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Guideline: http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/data/ref/h2020/other/guides_for_applicants/h2020-guide18-erc-syn_en.pdf
● FAQ: https://erc.europa.eu/funding/frequently-asked-questions/results
● Apply: http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/portal/desktop/en/opportunities/h2020/index.html
How to apply:
● Proposals must be submitted electronically via the web-based Participant Portal Submission Service (PPSS): http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/portal/desktop/en/opportunities/h2020/index.html .
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh