Funding brief: This call is focusing on innovations that support development in two areas:
● Leave No One Behind: We are looking for innovations that will provide more detailed, disaggregated, in-depth information on groups that have historically been left out by traditional surveys and other data-gathering tools. Specifically, we are looking for innovations that bring together new sources of data that focus on persons with disabilities and people who live outside of traditional households (e.g., slum dwellers, the homeless, migrants, refugees and institutionalized populations).
● Environment: We are looking for innovations that bring together new sources of data (big data, geospatial and earth observation, citizen-generated, IoT, and open data) to support key environmental challenges on climate change and urban resilience (e.g., natural disasters and sustainable energy needs).
Donor Name: The World Bank’s Development Data Group (DECDG)
Funding name: Collaborative Data Innovations for Sustainable Development
Deadline: Sep 2 at 3:00am, In your local timezone (GMT +6)
Funding limit: The amount of funding available for each project will range from $25,000 to $250,000, depending on whether the project is embryonic or ready to scale up.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Funding disbursements will start in March 2018. All implementation work must be completed before September 30, 2019, with another three months available for evaluation and documenting lessons learned.
Eligible organization: As below
● Any consortium, with at least two organizations, may apply.
● Consortium members may include social enterprises, for-profit companies, non-profit organizations, government agencies, international organizations, academic organizations, networks and partnerships.
● They are especially interested in proposals that bring different types of organizations together and in seeing these organizations contributing and integrating their data.
Eligible Country: They prioritize funding work intended to improve the state of sustainable development data in low and lower-middle-income countries (https://datahelpdesk.worldbank.org/knowledgebase/articles/906519#Low_income).
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Apply: https://wb-gpsdd-datainnovation.forms.fm/call-for-proposals-collaborative-data-innovations-for-sustainable-development/responses/new
● Low and lower-middle-income countries: https://datahelpdesk.worldbank.org/knowledgebase/articles/906519#Low_income
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://wb-gpsdd-datainnovation.forms.fm/call-for-proposals-collaborative-data-innovations-for-sustainable-development/responses/new ).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh