Donor Name: The Research Council of Norway
Funding name: Large-scale Programme for Aquaculture Research (HAVBRUK2)
Funding brief: The primary objective of the Large-scale Programme for Aquaculture Research (HAVBRUK2) is to generate knowledge and solutions for socially, economically and environmentally sustainable growth in the Norwegian aquaculture industry.
Secondary objectives: The programme will fund both basic research and applied research activities in order to:
● Generate knowledge for promoting social acceptance for and good governance in aquaculture ;
● Generate knowledge for developing sustainable methods to improve fish health;
● Develop a fundamental understanding of the lifecycle and biology of salmon to ensure reliable production;
● Cultivate knowledge for developing solutions and technology for sustainable production;
● Cultivate knowledge for developing and utilizing safe, globally sustainable raw ingredients for fish feed;
● Generate knowledge for increasing new marine bio-production;
● Generate fundamental knowledge for genetic improvement of aquatic organisms.
● Trade and industry, and business organizations;
● Politicians and the public authorities;
● The research community;
● The general public and the media.
The HAVBRUK2 programme will be an important instrument in realizing the Research Council’s efforts involving the bioeconomy. The programme has a clear industry focus and targets the entire aquaculture value chain to the market for processed products, where it shares an interface with the Research Programme on Sustainable Innovation in Food and Bio-based Industries (BIONAER).
The primary focus of the programme is on the value chain for salmonids, but it also encompasses catch-based aquaculture and live holding, sea ranching and production of other species, with a focus on species at lower trophic levels.
● 06th, September, 2017 at13:00 CEST
● 11th, October, 2017 at 13:00 CEST
Funding limit: The HAVBRUK2 programme has an annual budget of NOK 145 million.
The total budget for the entire programme period is approximately NOK 1.5 billion in public funding. Funding from the Norwegian Seafood Research Fund (FHF) or in-kind contributions from the industry in connection with Innovation Projects for the Industrial Sector and Knowledge-building Projects for Industry is not included in this sum.
The programme is the successor to the programme Aquaculture – An Industry in Growth (HAVBRUK), which had the following annual allocations for new projects:
● Budget 2015: NOK 50 million
● Budget 2014: NOK 35 million
● Budget 2013: NOK 28.5 million
● Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
● Please find the below link for details
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: 2016–2025
Eligible organization: Please find the below link for details
Eligibility: Please find the below link for details
Eligible Country: Please find the below link for details
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● NOK 62 million for new Researcher Projects in the field of aquaculture: https://www.forskningsradet.no/en/Funding/HAVBRUK2/1254027140555/p1184150364108?progId=1254009815879&visAktive=true
● Ground-breaking ideas in aquaculture: https://www.forskningsradet.no/en/Funding/HAVBRUK2/1254027140912/p1184150364108?progId=1254009815879&visAktive=true
● Personal Post-doctoral Research Fellowships in the field of aquaculture: https://www.forskningsradet.no/en/Funding/HAVBRUK2/1254027141577/p1184150364108?progId=1254009815879&visAktive=true
● NOK 50 million in funding for research on utilization and processing of bio-based residual raw materials: https://www.forskningsradet.no/en/Funding/HAVBRUK2/1254027143908/p1184150364108?progId=1254009815879&visAktive=true
● Support for international cooperation in 2018: https://www.forskningsradet.no/en/Funding/HAVBRUK2/1254027147972/p1184150364108?progId=1254009815879&visAktive=true
● NOK 20 million for Innovation Projects for the Industrial Sector in the field of aquaculture: https://www.forskningsradet.no/en/Funding/HAVBRUK2/1254027151158/p1184150364108?progId=1254009815879&visAktive=true
How to apply:
Submission of attachments after the deadline: The only documents that the Research Council will accept after an application has been submitted are transcripts issued after the application deadline and confirmation of completed defence of a doctoral dissertation. Documents forwarded after an application has been submitted should be sent by email to the responsible application officer or to email@example.com , and should be marked with the project number, project title and name of project manager.
Please find the above link for details
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh