Donor Name: KANSAI OSAKA 21st Century Association
Funding name: Japan World Exposition 1970 Commemorative Fund Department
Funding brief: Projects suitable for commemorating the success of Expo ’70 and matching the “aim of the Japan World Exposition” qualify for the JEC Fund Grant:
Projects contributing to international understanding
(1) Projects contributing to international cultural exchange and enhancement of international goodwill
(2) International projects in the fields of education and academic study
The Japan World Exposition aimed at a spirit of the “harmonious development,” which means that understanding and tolerance enable various civilizations to coexist in a polyphyletic manner around the world and that advancement should be found especially in such harmony of diversity. This was to bring the Eastern thought called “wa no kokoro (sprit of harmony)” back to modern society and then develop it as a new idea to connect the Eastern and Western worlds.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted between August 1, 2017 and October 2, 2017.
Funding details link: http://www.osaka21.or.jp/jecfund/en/contents/004_appli/index_2018.html
Funding limit: The amount of the JEC Fund Grant should account for less than three-quarters of the total project expenses applicable to the JEC Fund Grant, in principle. This means that each implementing organization is required to cover more than a quarter of the total project expenses with their own funds, excluding other public grants, etc.
● Intensive project: Planned to provide grants of up to 10 million yen to a few projects. However, there may be no applicable projects based on the screening.
● General project: Planned to provide grants to tens of projects up to 3,000,000 yen (Whether the projects are adopted or not will be determined based on the screening.)
- 1 The amount of grant applied for shall be at least 500,000 yen.
- 2 In the event the project expenses to be covered by the JEC Fund Grant are found to be less than the amounts on the application after project completion, the Grant amounts to be paid may be reduced. Any Grant less than 100,000 yen shall also not be paid.
● Total projected grant amount: Approx. 92,000,000 JPY (The total amount for domestic and overseas projects) (The grant money will be remitted in Japanese yen.)
● Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
● When you submit your application documents to the Association, you need to submit separately a copy of the application form along with the “Grant Application Notification” to the local Embassy or Consulate General of Japan in accordance with the procedure described in the “Guidelines for Application.”
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Between April 1st, 2018 and March 31st, 2019
Eligible organization: Eligibility for application is granted to foreign national governments, local governments, and other organizations carrying out projects contributing to the public interest.
● It does not matter whether the applying organization has corporate status or not.
● Individuals and for-profit corporations cannot apply for the JEC Fund Grant.
● Any organization incapable of completing the project cannot apply for the JEC Fund Grant.
Eligibility: As above
Eligible Country: No country bar found (All regions)
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Guideline: http://www.osaka21.or.jp/jecfund/en/contents/004_appli/2018/en/bosyuyoko_en.pdf
● Form: http://www.osaka21.or.jp/jecfund/en/contents/004_appli/2018/en/yoshi_en.doc
● Budget: http://www.osaka21.or.jp/jecfund/en/contents/004_appli/2018/en/yoshi_en.xls
How to apply:
● Submit your proposal to KANSAI OSAKA 21st Century Association, Japan World Exposition 1970 Commemorative Fund Department, Nakanoshima Center Building 29th Floor 6-2-27, Nakanoshima, Kita-ku, Osaka 530-0005, Japan.
● Application forms should be written in Japanese or English.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh