Donor Name: Young Water Solutions
Funding name: The Young Water Fellowship Program
Funding brief: Young Water Solutions is an international non profit organization aiming to develop and support the potential of young people to contribute to universal water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) and water resources management. We do so by empowering young leaders, providing them the tools to carry out water projects in their communities. We promote an integrated approach, through our projects we often address interlinked challenges such as climate change adaptation, reforestation, youth unemployment and food security.
Young Water Solutions was co-founded by 16 young and senior people with a variety of profiles, skills and experiences, who form a dynamic and unique group of experts. Ranging from youth people leading international water networks while still pursuing their studies, to senior experts with decades of qualified experience working for international organizations, we are a truly intergenerational, transnational and multidisciplinary team.
The Young Water Fellowship Program aims to empower young leaders from low and middle income countries to implement projects to tackle water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), water pollution and water scarcity issues, by offering them an intensive training program, seed funding grants for their projects, and mentoring support by senior level experts during one year.
This program will bring about in its first edition (2017) 10 young community leaders capable of successfully designing and implementing sustainable and inclusive water projects that significantly improve living conditions in their communities, while contributing to the achievement of SDG #6 (water and sanitation for all).
Deadline: August, 9th
Funding details link: http://youngwatersolutions.org/#ywf
● Training: Fellows will attend a one-week workshop in Brussels and will be trained by experts in: IWRM | Project management | Monitoring and evaluation tools | Leadership | Water and gender | Social entrepreneurship | SDG 6
● Mentorship: Fellows will be assigned a mentor according to their needs, who will provide technical support throughout the whole life-cycle of the project.
● Project Implementation: Fellows will be provided with opportunities for seed funding up to €5000 to implement their projects.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: One year
Eligible organization: As below
● Be 18 to 30 years old at the time of the application
● Have a water project idea to contribute to the solution of a WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene), water pollution or water scarcity problem
● Be a resident from this list of low and mid income countries
● Be the founder or co-founder of the project idea you’re proposing
● The project must not have been implemented yet, although new phases of pilot projects are accepted
● Be able to attend a workshop in Belgium in November 2017 (18th to 26th), and cover your personal costs from your residency to the airport and back (the rest of the travel expenses are covered).
● Be able to cover your visa expenses (we will provide Invitation letter).
● Be able to communicate in English (intermediate level at least).
Eligible Country: No country bar (All Regions)
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Apply: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/V6BSMVK
● Form (Off-line): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B32LgsskgLduYWR0ZHkwR3FaZmc/view
● Guideline: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B32LgsskgLduWi1PVWlJNjktbWc/view
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/V6BSMVK).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh