Donor Name: The Nippon Foundation
Funding name: The Nippon Foundation’s overseas grants
Funding brief: The Nippon Foundation is an independent, non-profit, grant-making organization founded in 1962. It was established by legislation for the purpose of carrying out philanthropic activities using revenue from motorboat racing.
The Foundation is providing aid to projects that fall under one of the following four major categories: 1) public welfare in Japan; 2) voluntary programs in Japan; 3) maritime and ship-related projects; and 4) overseas cooperative assistance.
Under the category of overseas cooperative assistance, they especially respect cross-border, transnational activities; local and regional undertakings that may fall outside the reach of the public sector or other donor agencies; and initiatives to tackle pressing issues and long-range or persistent problems that require prompt and systemized care. Grants are given to programs planned and conducted by overseas non-profit organizations in such areas as basic human needs, human resources development, and promotion of international cooperation.
● Improvement of Basic Human Needs: Initiatives to assist people throughout the world to meet their basic human needs, and to contribute to the improvement of human welfare through programs in such areas as healthcare, support of disabled persons and those who are socially vulnerable, agricultural development, population issues, community development, refugee aid, and disaster relief. Projects comprising novel ideas, approaches, and technology, as well as those that involve multilateral undertakings, such as south-south cooperation, will receive higher priority.
● Human Resources Development: Initiatives to foster a new generation of professionals, scholars, and students with a strong potential for future leadership. We support training and educational programs designed and executed by non-profit organizations and institutions of higher education. Our intention is to promote the formulation of an international network of professional people with shared goals and concerns.
● Promotion of International Collaborative Undertakings: Initiatives to foster cooperative approaches that meet the changing needs of the global community. We support cultural, social, and intellectual exchanges and collaborative undertakings which contribute to the development of greater mutual understanding and cooperative mindset in order to bring about social changes.
Deadline: There is no application deadline as such, and applications can be received throughout the year. However, since the screening procedures may take as long as five months, it is strongly recommended that applications be submitted at least half a year before the planned start of the project, or whenever the funding will be needed.
Funding details link: http://www.nippon-foundation.or.jp/en/what/grant/application/other_fields/
Funding limit: Not found
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: There is no application deadline as such, and applications can be received throughout the year. However, since the screening procedures may take as long as five months, it is strongly recommended that applications be submitted at least half a year before the planned start of the project, or whenever the funding will be needed.
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
● Applicants for The Nippon Foundation’s overseas grants must be non-profit organizations based outside of Japan. They can be local, regional or international NGOs/NPOs, and include educational and research institutions.
● The Foundation does not accept applications from, nor provide grants to, private individuals or for-profit organizations.
Eligible Country: Outside of Japan
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
How to apply:
● Applications must be submitted by mail; we do not accept applications by fax or e-mail. All materials should be typed in English and sent to: International Program Department, The Nippon Foundation, 1-2-2 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-8404, Japan.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh