Donor Name: The Worldwide Universities Network (WUN)
Funding name: The 2017 WUN Research Development Fund (RDF)
Funding brief: The RDF offers grants of up to £10,000 to foster partnership in the network, including new members as a priority, and develop research collaborations on the four WUN Global Challenges (see WUN website for full description of the WUN Global Challenges):
● Global Higher Education and Research
● Public Health (non-communicable diseases)
● Responding to Climate Change
● Understanding Cultures
RDF funds may cover the costs of exploratory research initiatives, targeted workshops, faculty exchanges and the formation of collaborative networks, among other activities. Applications that incorporate a research mobility component for early career researchers and postgraduate students are encouraged.
The WUN Research Development Fund will not cover management fees, salaries or salary supplementation, purchase of capital assets, equipment depreciation, scholarships, course fees and bench fees. Where funds are to be used for air travel, only economy class fares are permissible.
Deadline: The deadline for submission of applications is 27 October 2017 at 5pm GMT.
Funding details link: https://wun.ac.uk/research-development.html
Funding limit: The RDF offers grants of up to £10,000.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
● The RDF is open only to academic staff (faculty members) at WUN member universities. Applications must first be approved for submission through an internal review process at the principal investigator’s university and submitted to WUN with the sign-off of the local WUN Coordinator (see contact information at the end of this document).
● Programs must engage at least three WUN member universities and should span at least two countries. The collaboration can include non-WUN universities and external partners but must have an active core of WUN member universities. In the spirit of the network, activities organized through the programs should be open to all WUN members. It is a priority for WUN to engage newer members in the RDF.
Eligible Country: No country bar found
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Guideline: https://www.grantinterface.com/Process/Apply?urlkey=wun
● Local WUN Coordinator: http://wun.ac.uk/wun-governance.html
How to apply:
● Before considering a submission, prospective applicants should first contact their local WUN Coordinator (http://wun.ac.uk/wun-governance.html ) well before the application deadline. The WUN Coordinator will be able to provide advice on the application and will be able to assist in developing aspects of the bid. Please note that internal deadlines at each university may differ, and therefore interested applicants should contact their local WUN Coordinator as soon as possible.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh