Donor Name: Joke Waller-Hunter (JWH)
Award name: No specific fund name
Award brief: Young people who work or are affiliated with environmental CSO’s in developing countries and emerging economies who have shown potential for and interest in further developing their leadership. Candidates can come from anywhere except from ‘advanced economies’ (see below for list based on the IMF classification). The definition of ‘young’ is not linked to a concrete age limit. However, preference will be given to young women and men under 35 of age. We would like to especially encourage the nomination of young women and local community leaders.
Deadline: There is one deadline per year, the 1st of September
Award details link: http://www.jwhinitiative.org/about/how-does-it-work/
Award limit: The following grants are available per round:
● 10 grants of 2.500 Euro
● 4 grants of 5.000 Euro
● 2 grants of 7.000 Euro
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility:The candidates should have proof of an excellent track record in:
● Fully embracing the idea of sustainable development;
● A strong background in working on environmental and sustainable development issues;
● Showing potential and ambition towards becoming a leader in her/his field of work, such as being inspirational and a support to others, working with communities, being innovative and creative;
● Committed to work on environmental and sustainable development issues in their country/region.
● The candidate should be willing and have the potential to report on the development of their leadership capacities.
Eligible Country: Individuals from these countries cannot participate: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States (IMF classification of ‘advanced economies’ 2011)
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● Form: http://www.jwhinitiative.org/wp-content/files_mf/jwhnominationform2017.doc
● Guideline: http://www.jwhinitiative.org/wp-content/files_mf/rulesregulationsjwhinitiative.pdf
How to apply:
● All applications must be submitted electronically through email, addressed to: Eva Schmitz – Coordinator JWH Initiative (email@example.com )
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh