Donor Name: British Council
Award name: The Study UK Alumni Awards (The “Alumni Awards”)
Award brief: The Study UK Alumni Awards (The “Alumni Awards”) are operated by or on behalf of the British Council to recognize and honor the outstanding achievements made by alumni who have studied at, or for a qualification awarded by, a UK Higher Education Institution.
The awards operate on three levels: national, regional and global awards. Alumni submit one application, which will be considered for the regional awards in most cases, or for national awards if operating in their country. The list of countries taking part in national awards is below. Highest scoring applicants for national awards will be entered into the regional awards, alongside all other applicants from other countries not hosting national awards. The 21 winners of the regional awards (three award categories per country) will be celebrated digitally. The three global award winners will be celebrated digitally and will win return flights to the UK.
There are three award categories at each award level. These are:
● Professional Achievement Award – recognizing UK alumni who have distinguished themselves through exemplary leadership and achievements in their professional industry, and who can demonstrate the impact and scale of their achievements in their profession, and beyond.
● Entrepreneurial Award – recognizing UK alumni who are active in initiating or contributing to innovative new business opportunities that have the potential for strong growth
● Social Impact Award – recognizing UK alumni who have made an exceptional contribution and commitment to creating positive social change and improving the lives of others
Alumni who are selected as finalists for the Alumni Awards will be allocated to the award category that best matches their experiences and impact, as described on their application form. No applicant may win more than one Award at any one level.
Deadline: The opening date of the Alumni Awards 2017 is 12 midday BST on 3 July 2017. The closing date for all applications is 23.59 BST 2 October 2017.
Award details link: https://www.britishcouncil.org/education-uk-awards/enter/apply
Award limit: Finalists and winners at all levels (national, regional and global) will benefit from their global profile being made more visible through press and publicity opportunities, and building their professional networks. The three Global Alumni Award winners will be invited to the UK for a professional networking opportunity in Summer 2018.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: The Alumni Awards are open to individuals who:
● Are currently residing in any country outside of the UK; and;
● are alumni who were officially enrolled at a recognized* or listed** UK Higher Education Institution, having studied at degree level***, in the last 15 years (i.e. in/from 2002 or onwards), either physically in the UK at that institution for a minimum of one term/semester, or have been awarded a full UK degree level (or higher) qualification, by a recognized or listed UK university, through a local branch campus or institution outside the UK.
Eligible Country: No country bar (All regions)
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● FAQ: https://www.britishcouncil.org/sites/default/files/alumni_awards_2017-18_-_faqs_0.docx
● Apply: https://www.eventsforce.net/britishcouncil/943/home?_ga=2.64451887.1414225707.1501051555-31422364.1493896033
How to apply: The Alumni Awards will be promoted through the British Council official channels including the website www.britishcouncil.org and through third party channels e.g. UK universities. Paper applications will not be accepted. To apply, applicants must access the www.britishcouncil.org/education-uk-awards pages.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh