Donor Name: The Ramsar Convention Secretariat
Award name: The Ramsar Wetland Conservation Awards
Award brief: The Ramsar Wetland Conservation Awards were established in 1996 to recognize and honor the achievements of individuals, organizations and governments around the world for the conservation and wise use of wetlands. They will be awarded for the seventh time at the 13th meeting of the Conference of the Contracting Parties (COP13), which will take place in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, in October 2018.
● The Ramsar Convention Award for Wetland Wise Use, rewarding a contribution to the long-term sustainable use of wetlands
● The Ramsar Convention Award for Wetland Innovation, rewarding innovative techniques that contributes to the wise use of wetlands and;
● The Ramsar Convention Award for Young Wetland Champions, rewarding a young person or a group of young people between the ages of 18 and 30 who have contributed to the wise use of wetlands.
Deadline: The deadline for the receipt of nominations is 30 September 2017.
Award details link: http://www.ramsar.org/activities/2018-awards
Award limit: Three Awards will be granted and each recipient will receive the Evian Special Prize of US$ 10,000 offered by the Danone Group as part of its support to the Convention.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
● Individuals and groups of all nations are invited to nominate individuals, institutions (including government institutions and non-governmental organizations and community groups), or private companies, of any nation.
● Nominees must be alive at the time of nomination. Awards will not be given posthumously.
● Self-nominations will not be accepted.
● Nominations of current members of the Ramsar Standing Committee, members and invited experts of Ramsar’s Scientific and Technical Review Panel, and Ramsar Secretariat staff members will not be accepted.
Eligible Country: No country bar (Applicable for all countries)
Submission mail: email@example.com
Other important link:
● Form: http://www.ramsar.org/sites/default/files/documents/library/ramsar_awards_nomination_form_2018_e.docx
● Guideline: http://www.ramsar.org/sites/default/files/documents/library/ramsar_awards_categories_criteria_procedure_e.pdf
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may submit a nomination E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh