Donor Name: SavingSpecies
Funding name: No specific fund name
Funding brief: SavingSpecies helps local conservation groups purchase land for conservation and habitat restoration, and may consider projects for restoration of habitat on land that is within an existing protected area. They maximize our effectiveness by providing grants for the purchase and restoration of land that connects existing habitat fragments, or that prevents isolation of habitat that would otherwise continue due to habitat loss.
As their existing projects demonstrate, their strategy is to fund relatively small land purchases — at most a few hundred hectares — with the aim to create several thousand hectares of continuous habitat. By restoring habitat connections these purchases improve the survival of dozens of endangered species. This approach increases the impact of our limited conservation funds. Their completed projects have involved collaborations and land purchases that, in some cases, were spread out over several years.
Criteria: An ideal project will meet some or all of the following criteria:
● Preserves or restores an area of high biodiversity and/or habitat for critically endangered species
● Administered by local or host-country NGO and staff
● Includes proactive measures to reclaim and restore degraded land or preserve existing habitat
● Fosters connectivity between forests and other habitats and existing protected areas
● Involves local people to ensure accrual of benefits to them.
Deadline: No deadline found
Funding details link: http://www.savingspecies.org/projects/submit-project/
Funding limit: Not Found
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further understanding and clarification.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: Not Found
Eligibility: Not Found
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Apply: http://www.savingspecies.org/projects/submit-project/letter-of-interest-to-submit-proposal/
● FAQ: http://www.savingspecies.org/about/faqs/
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (http://www.savingspecies.org/projects/submit-project/letter-of-interest-to-submit-proposal/ ).
● They will request more detail in your full proposal, if it is invited.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh