Donor Name: Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES)
Funding name: Satoyama Development Mechanism (SDM) 2017
Funding brief: The Secretariat for the Satoyama Development Mechanism (SDM) is pleased to announce that the call is now open for proposals for SDM 2017 sub-grant projects. SDM is one of the collaborative activities of the International Partnership for Satoyama Initiative, jointly established by the Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES), the United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS) and the Ministry of the Environment of Japan (MOEJ) as a financing mechanism to facilitate the implementation of activities under the International Partnership for the Satoyama Initiative (IPSI). Approximately six (6) IPSI member organizations with convincing proposals will be selected in accordance with our selection process and criteria.
The purpose of this mechanism is to facilitate activities in line with the IPSI Strategy and Plan of Action. These activities are expected to contribute to the retention and enhancement of biodiversity in socio-ecological production landscapes and seascapes (SEPLS) for achieving the Aichi Biodiversity Targets. The fund aims to help recipients further develop their respective projects to attract additional resources, while also facilitating collaboration among members. The SDM will provide with a maximum support of approximately USD 10,000 for the implementation of selected projects by IPSI members.
Deadline: The deadline for applications is Friday, 4th, August, 2017.
Funding details link: http://www.iges.or.jp/en/natural-resource/bd/sdm_call_for_proposals.html
Funding limit: The upper limit of the grant for one organization is ten thousand (10,000) US dollars.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further understanding and clarification.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Less than 24 months
Eligible organization: As below
● The applicant is an approved member of the IPSI at the date of submission of the project proposal.
● The applicant has agreed to act as focal point of the proposed project to be contacted by the SDM Secretariat, if the proposal is jointly submitted by multiple IPSI members.
● The applicant has demonstrated sufficient institutional capability to implement the proposed project.
● The applicant has demonstrated sufficient English proficiency to deliver a good project report.
● The applicant is not a member of either the Advisory Group or the Executive Board of SDM.
● Any applicant that makes an unequivocally false presentation of him/herself or his/her organization will be excluded from the SDM.
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● Form: http://www.iges.or.jp/files/research/natural-resource/bd/pdf/sdm2017/1_ProposalFormat.zip
How to apply: IPSI members are kindly invited to submit project proposals by this date by email to the SDM Secretariat (at email@example.com).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh