Donor Name: The Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI)
Award name: 2018 Stockholm Water Prize
Funding brief: The Stockholm Water Prize recognizes women, men and organizations who have made outstanding contributions to the sustainable use and protection of the world’s water resources.
A candidate for the Stockholm Water Prize shall have attained outstanding achievements of lasting significance for sustainable use and protection of the world’s water resources. The results achieved by the candidate shall have proven impact or great potential and provide stimulation for further important contributions to the conservation and protection of water resources and to improved health and well-being of the planet’s inhabitants and ecosystems. The main achievements of the candidate should be within one or both of the following categories:
Policy and Practices: This broad category covers achievements in the continuum from political initiatives to practical implementation that has improved the governance and management of water, as a natural and economic resource and/or as a human right and basic service. The category includes:
● Human rights, conflict resolution, influence on policies, international cooperation with application in the water sector
● Sustainable and safe management of water resources
● Provision of water supply and sanitation services
● Development and application of appropriate technologies
Research: This category includes both basic and applied research to develop new knowledge of and scientific leadership in:
● Natural, physical, and/or technological processes
● The functioning of complex systems
● Development or improvement of economical, legislative, institutional or administrative principles for efficient, equitable and sustainable water management and service provision.
For both categories, great achievements in outreach and awareness raising are considered merits. This includes education and training of students, water professionals or communities as well as dissemination of information to and awareness raising of decision-makers and the general public.
Deadline: Submit your nomination by September, 18th, 2017.
Award details link: http://www.siwi.org/prizes/stockholmwaterprize/nominate/
Award limit: The Laureate receives global acknowledgement and visibility, a specially designed sculpture, and USD 150,000. He or she also has the privilege of presenting a lecture during the Opening Plenary of the World Water Week.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Anyone can submit a nomination for the Stockholm Water Prize, however self-nominations or nominations by persons with direct professional or family ties to the candidate are not permitted. The initial nomination begins by submitting the name of the nominee along with a brief (500 words max.) statement of accomplishment.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● FAQ: http://www.siwi.org/prizes/stockholmwaterprize/faq/
● Prize: http://www.siwi.org/prizes/stockholmwaterprize/
● Apply: http://webforms.siwi.org/swp_s/
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (http://webforms.siwi.org/swp_s/).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh