Donor Name: The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
Funding name: Call for Proposals South-South and Triangular Cooperation to support rural transformation: Promoting Innovations in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for Agriculture and Rural Development.
Funding brief: This Call for proposals is intended to select a recipient or consortium of recipients to receive IFAD grant financing to implement a project on South-South and Triangular Cooperation to support rural transformation: Promoting innovations in information and communication technology (ICT) for agriculture and rural development.
Potential recipients or consortiums of recipients are being invited to develop a project proposal based on the background and guidance detailed in the Call for proposal document.
The goal of this grant is to leverage ICTs for Agriculture and Rural Development (ARD). The objective is to strengthen smallholders’ capacities to undertake sustainable rural transformation processes by accessing “digital dividends” created through tested ICT innovations in ARD in developing countries. Increase access to ICTs for poor rural smallholder farmers and strengthen the knowledge and leverage the use of ICTs to support agricultural productivity and rural development in developing countries.
● Deadline for confirming interest to submit: 25/07/2017 – 17h00 (Rome time)
● Deadline for submission of proposals: 02/08/2017 – 17h00 (Rome time)
Funding details link: https://www.ifad.org/what/operating_model/bid/tags/45208013
● The approved grant will be awarded to a lead organization selected as recipient up to US$2,500,000.
● Co-financing: US$500,000
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: The programme’s duration will be 3 years as of the date of signature of the grant agreement, expected once the grant is approved by the Executive Board in December 2017.
Eligible organization: As below
● Eligible countries: Regions and Countries. The applying organizations should propose countries from at least three of the following regions Asia and the Pacific; East and Southern Africa; Latin America and the Caribbean; Near East, North Africa, Europe and Central Asia; West and Central Africa, where they plan to run the challenge/competition.
● Applicants could be public institutions, official development assistance agencies, universities or research centres, civil society organizations, smallholders’ organizations or others. Preference would be given to institutions from developing countries, provided they meet the required selection criteria. Joint bids will also be considered.
Submission mail: SSTCGrant2017@ifad.org with CC to: Mr. Maurizio Navarra, SSTC Coordinator, Global Engagement, Knowledge and Strategy Division (email@example.com) and Ms. Elena Bertusi, SSTC Consultant, Global Engagement, Knowledge and Strategy Division (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Other important link:
● Form: https://www.ifad.org/documents/10180/a69ba3b9-3b15-41c9-b327-ff3c18f66d49
● Guideline: https://www.ifad.org/documents/10180/8f5cf36a-3252-44a4-9224-efebe7f72173
How to apply:
● Questions, expression of interest and proposals shall be sent to: SSTCGrant2017@ifad.org with CC to: Mr. Maurizio Navarra, SSTC Coordinator, Global Engagement, Knowledge and Strategy Division (email@example.com) and Ms. Elena Bertusi, SSTC Consultant, Global Engagement, Knowledge and Strategy Division (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh