Donor Name: The South Asian Network for Development and Environmental Economics (SANDEE)
Funding name: Research on the Economics of Natural Resource Use and Environmental Change
Funding brief: The South Asian Network for Development and Environmental Economics (SANDEE) is a research network within the International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) that provides research support to South Asian researchers and institutions interested in the inter-connections between development, natural resource use, and the environment. SANDEE is currently inviting research concept notes on the Economics of Natural Resource Use and Environmental Change in South Asia. The selection of concept notes will lead to invitations to submit full research proposals which will be further reviewed for funding consideration.
SANDEE requests research concept notes in any area of environmental or resource economics with implications for the development of South Asia. They encourage research on issues of interest to national, provincial, and local-level policy-makers in South Asian countries. Concept notes that demonstrate a clear demand from policymakers for the underlying research are of particular interest, although any concept note for research of scientific merit will be considered. For example, in relation to the implementation of the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) that each country has submitted to the UNFCCC under the Paris Agreement.
Deadline: 31st, July, 2017
Funding details link: http://www.sandeeonline.org/news_events_disp.php?id=164
Funding limit: Grants are likely to be in the range of USD 20,000–30,000 over a two-year period.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Over a two-year period
Eligible organization: As below
● While SANDEE focuses on environmental management, proposals have to include a strong economics component.
● Concept notes are evaluated on their academic merit and policy significance. Multi-disciplinary projects, cross-border collaborations and trans boundary topics will be prioritized. Institutional affiliation is required for receiving support.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Guideline: http://www.sandeeonline.org/uploads/news_file/164_DOC_SANDEE_Call_for_Research_Concept_Notes_for_Dec_2017_Grant__Cycle.pdf
How to apply:
● Please review guidelines and upload concept notes on SANDEE’s website at www.sandeeonline.org by 31 July 2017 to be considered for the next grants window.
● Concept notes are generally no longer than 1500 words. They are evaluated on their academic merit and policy significance. While SANDEE focuses on environmental management, proposals have to include a strong economics component.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh