Donor Name: DigitalGlobe Foundation
Funding name: Satellite imagery grants
Funding brief: The DigitalGlobe Foundation provides satellite imagery grants to support research projects at the university level within military and civilian academic institutions. Imagery grants are used to advance research in environmental studies, humanitarian support and disaster relief, as well as geographic information systems (GIS) and technologies.
Deadline: No deadline found
Funding details link: http://www.digitalglobefoundation.org/application-process
Funding limit: The DigitalGlobe Foundation’s Employee Advisory Committee (FEAC) reviews all applications for imagery grants, considering each application on a case-by-case basis. Applicants will be granted a limited amount of archive imagery at no cost.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
● The applicant must be enrolled as a student or a faculty member at an accredited university-level educational institution. If enrolled as a student, the applicant must be an active participant in an accredited research program. The applicant’s area of study/research must be provided in the application, as must the contact information for the applicant’s faculty advisor.
● Applicants must agree to provide feedback in the form of an article, thesis or white paper.
● The data may not be used commercially or shared with anyone who might use it commercially.
● Applicants must agree to provide feedback in the form of an article, thesis or white paper, video testimonial, or social media outlets.
● Special considerations can be made for analysts or researchers at non-governmental organizations who may be conducting research to benefit humanitarian or environmental efforts.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● Apply: http://www.digitalglobefoundation.org/imagery-request-form
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (http://www.digitalglobefoundation.org/imagery-request-form).
● Complete the Satellite Imagery Request Form(http://www.digitalglobefoundation.org/imagery-request-form).
● Choose your desired imagery scenes or areas of interest using the ImageFinder online search tool that includes the following satellites: QuickBird, GeoEye-1, WorldView-1, WorldView-2, and WorldView-3. The Catalog ID’s for each image you are requesting need to be in the application. Applications not including desired imagery will be held and applicant will be contacted for request of images. This could delay the application process.
● Please email any additional information, such as, shapefiles, coordinates, KMZ files, or any information that may be relevant to the application process to firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Areas of interest (AOI’s) need to be limited to approximately 1000+/- square kilometers.
● Applications requesting greater area will be asked to minimize their request. We will work with applicants to make sure we can fulfill all requests as best as we can.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh